Any common issues with the 2016 r/t

Corey415

We are looking at a 2016  Dodge Journey for my wife it has 10,xxx  on it and I'm just wondering if anyone has any common issues with them. I have tired to google search and look on here but have not found any info regarding any common issues. Was also wondering what real life  fuel economy every one was having with the 3.6 r/t FWD thanks new to the forum and hoping to learn son new info 

Welcome to the forum!

HVAC issues, Bluetooth connectivity, updating maps for the navigation system, transmission clunks, front suspension clunks are the most numerous complaint topics. Driving style will affect your mileage. We get 18-19 mpg around town, 24-25 on trips with our 2013 SXT (3.6L).

Edited by jkeaton

18 hours ago, jkeaton said:

Welcome to the forum!

HVAC issues, Bluetooth connectivity, updating maps for the navigation system, transmission clunks, front suspension clunks are the most numerous complaint topics. Driving style will affect your mileage. We get 18-19 mpg around town, 24-25 on trips with our 2013 SXT (3.6L).

i agree with Jkeeaton on what he said that said i love my 2014 and had a 2011 that i traded in for my 14 crossroad i dont use Bluetooth and dont have the navigation system have a $100 Garmin i use and that works pretty darn good  and cheap yes have a few squeaks going over speed bumps and or turning while going over them think its the struts but not enough to worry about i did buy the lifetime miles and yrs warranty thur mopar with the $100. ded each visit as i plan on running this one till it isn't worth the repair. have gotten as bad as 17 in town when i drive real fast from light to light(which i dont do to often) to avg of 22mpg and strickley interstate driving have gotton as high as 30 mpg (but not to often) so its how you drive is what determines your mpg.. you will love your journey. i do have a medical scooter rack on the back of mine for her 3 wheel scooter weighs about 250 lbs of course i am over the tongue   weight a little bit so journeys are not the greatest for towing real heavy boats of campers so be aware of that.   good luck...          P.S. had to use the extended warr for a new oil sender unit  at about 45k and havent heard any clunks from my 2014 in a long long time (knock on wood)

Edited by 2late4u

I have a 2017 crossroad plus, if I'm not mistaken I think it has a majority of the same components... I'm at 14k and have experienced the suspension noises everyone else mentions, but I don't think it's an actual problem with the suspension. Haven't had any major problems with bluetooth or HVAC so far either. The transmission does drive me bonkers at times though, especially in stop and go traffic, the "clunk" when shifting into gears and the occasional hard downshift when braking. Nothing is wrong with the transmission though so I just learned to grit my teeth and deal. That being said 2016 is a relatively new model year, and any common issues probably haven't been experience by many people yet. To be safe I would just get the mopar extended warranty, in the long haul it will pay for itself.