New Member - 200k Journey

DJ2010

Hello DJ Forum, 

Greetings from a fellow DJ owner. Should have joined sooner but better late then never.

My Dodge Journey is a 2010 3.5L AWD SXT in Silver. My faithful Journey has a total currently of 208,000 miles on the odometer and keeps going on the original engine and transmission. I follow all maintenance schedules and everything has stayed in great working order with the exception of a few things. I've had to replace the typical items like tires,2 sets of spark plugs now, 1 pair of outer tie rods, all 4 shocks, brakes - A lot before mechanic noticed the brake hose to both front calipers was being squeezed down by the metal bracket that holds it. Apparently it rusted/swelled up and was restricting back flow keeping the brake pistons pressed down. Dodge replaced a leaking and failing transfer case/PTU under warranty in 2015 when it had 159,000 miles on it. Sentry key sense module went out causing the mysterious no start issue(Often misdiagnosed as starter/battery) randomly around 170,000 Miles $600. Just recently the rear differential/carrier started making noise and clunking at 202,000 miles $600 for a used replacement installed. Heater core clogged up and had to be back-flushed a few times, issue was no heat on passenger side. 

I love my DJ and all the space in features. I'm saddened to see some people bashing theirs or having bad experiences with parts that fail prematurely. Mine is a GEM and proof that if you take care of things it will be a investment that will take you on many.....Journey's :D

Attached is a photo of the still shining paint! 

20170628_204653.jpg

19 hours ago, jkeaton said:

Nice!! Always great to hear good stories. I didn't see a timing belt change mentioned in there unless I missed it. Thanks for the positive review and welcome to the forum. 

Probably would have been good to include that. Original wp and belt changed at 105k miles. Shaft on wp had begun to leak. Replaced again at 202k miles and wp was beginning to leak in the same spot.

• 3 weeks later...

Really glad to hear your great experience with your DJ. I've always kept my cars for years and have average over 200K miles on my last two keepers (Explorer and Windstar). I did try a BMW at one point, but ended up spending more money in one year for other than regular maintenance items. I'm completely amazed at how well your paint and body look, I unfortunately have a couple of grocery cart dings on mine from other careless people. Great job maintaining your DJ.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...