seat cover install

simplyfriendly

Hi All,

I just purchased a brand new Journey Canada Value package and looking to install custom seat covers, However I realised yesterday that I can't take out the headrest and they are connected to airbags and thus difficult to come out.

Any suggestion as to how install seat covers without taking out the headrest?

Thanks for your help :)

If it's a custom seat cover, just change the manner in which the cover is installed.  Just don't have the fabricator close the top seam before installation.  Fit the cover over the head rest with the top of the seat inside out, stitch the seam, then fit it around the seat back.  Custom cover, custom fit, end of problem.  It will just cost a little more since it will have to be hand-stitched on site.

Also, if by "custom" you mean "after market," the solution still applies.  Just rip the seam out at the top, then follow the directions as posted.

Edited by bfurth

I have resisted the urge to get seatcovers due to the side impact airbags.  I think most seatcovers will inhibit these airbags unless they are specifically designed to allow them to inflate.  Honestly, I think most are not designed for side impact airbags.  Correct me if I am wrong.  The active headrests make installation a challenge as well.  

Peace.

7 hours ago, redtomatoman said:

I have resisted the urge to get seatcovers due to the side impact airbags.  I think most seatcovers will inhibit these airbags unless they are specifically designed to allow them to inflate.  Honestly, I think most are not designed for side impact airbags.  Correct me if I am wrong.  The active headrests make installation a challenge as well.  

Peace.

As my signature states - anything you do with your car is your fault.