Dodge Journey - Cruise Control No Power

I have 2013 DJ 2.4L bought in Canada.

70,000 Kilometers or roughly 43,000 miles

The cruise control suddenly suddenly stopped working, not able to power-on any longer by pressing the power button pad.

There is no separate fuse according to the local dealer and they want to charge $99.00 for a diagnostic.

I was wondering if anyone had the shop manual with the step-by-step for removing the cruise control buttons located in the steering wheel.

Regards,

Kelly

Edited by kellman

There is a chance this is involved with a recall that was just announced regarding the airbag wiring harness in 2011 - 2015 Journey (worldwide, including Freemont).  The chafing airbag wiring harness can cause unexpected airbag deployment, unintended windshield operation, and inoperable switches.  Since the cruise control activation switches are in the steering column, it's a safe bet they have been compromised as a result of this defect.  Give it a week, get your notice of the recall, and take that to a dealer.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/14/fiat-chrysler-recalls-1-point-33-million-vehicles.html

So I've confirmed the problem is in the power button only.

If i press it a few times it does eventually come on.

Does anyone hasve the shop manual or a step-by-step for removing the steering wheel cruise control button assembly?

15 hours ago, jkeaton said:

Small screwdriver. Pry it out. 

I wish it was that simple.  If you take a look at the example picture I'm including, there are 3 screws mounting the buttons to the steering wheel.

Two at the bottom and one at the top.

s-l500.jpg.45074665864f2b499a98590422df095c.jpg