4cyl plug gap?

ivey_usmc

It should be .043".

The actual part, from everything I've ever been able to find (without actually taking mine out or calling a dealer), is an NGK ZFR5F11 plug.

The plug is copper and should be replaced every 30,000 miles.  You could replace it with platinum or iridium, but the engine may not perform as well.  The price difference is also negligible when you take into account that platinum and iridium could last 2 - 3x longer, but also cost 2 - 3x as much as copper.  Stick with copper.  3 auto manufacturers had input in building the 2.4L engine - I'd like to think that many engineers have somewhat of a clue as to what they're doing.  It's also a grand total of 10 bolts/nuts to remove (4 plugs, 4 ignition coils, 1 engine cover bolt, 1 negative battery terminal) for a change.  If it takes you more than 30 minutes, you did something wrong.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This may be a bit late to the party, but for future reference:

The 2.4L calls for:

NGK ZFR5F11 (copper) plugs with a .043" (1.1mm) gap, torqued to 20 ft. lbs. (27 N*m), changed every 30,000 miles (age is irrelevant).

Those numbers appear to apply to all 2.4L North America builds of the Dodge Journey (numbers are accurate and unchanged from 2009 through 2014, no reason to assume they changed for 2015 and later since it's still the same engine).