2013 Journey 2.4 and possible head gasket...

I have a 13 journey, 124,000 miles and the other day, message on dash said Oil Hot, Speed may be Limited.  Wife pulled over and called for help.  Upon checking, found water level low, added water and tried to start.  When I hit the started, most of the water came back out at me.  And it wouldn't start. So I let it cool off for hours and refilled water, put cap back on and it started and ran fine.  But as soon as I started driving, temp started going up, got to about 240 before finally making it back home.  Next day I figured it was a thermostat issue, so pulled both out and replaced.  Changed oil as well and refilled with coolant.  Hit starter and she fired right up.  Watched temp and never got about 148.  Thought all was good.  Checked water level and put cap on radiator.  After a few minutes with the cap on, it started running rough, and i had to keep giving it gas.  Then it died.  No restart, it was very labored in trying.  Thats when it hit me.  I pulled the coil packs, and plugs, and EVERYONE is WET!  WHAT THE HECK!!  What could this be? I find it very unusual that every cylinder is wet at the same time.  No water in oil, or white smoke before this.  HELP!!!

water.  My question is does the intake have water running thru it?  Trying to figure out how all 4 got water. It would make more sense that the intake does infact have water running thru it.  Also, hooked to code reader and one of the codes was High Intake Temperature.  No other code except for high oil temp.  

On 7/4/2017 at 9:11 AM, Ed Ciessau said:

I have a 13 journey, 124,000 miles and the other day, message on dash said Oil Hot, Speed may be Limited.  Wife pulled over and called for help.  Upon checking, found water level low, added water and tried to start.  When I hit the started, most of the water came back out at me.  And it wouldn't start. So I let it cool off for hours and refilled water, put cap back on and it started and ran fine.  But as soon as I started driving, temp started going up, got to about 240 before finally making it back home.  Next day I figured it was a thermostat issue, so pulled both out and replaced.  Changed oil as well and refilled with coolant.  Hit starter and she fired right up.  Watched temp and never got about 148.  Thought all was good.  Checked water level and put cap on radiator.  After a few minutes with the cap on, it started running rough, and i had to keep giving it gas.  Then it died.  No restart, it was very labored in trying.  Thats when it hit me.  I pulled the coil packs, and plugs, and EVERYONE is WET!  WHAT THE HECK!!  What could this be? I find it very unusual that every cylinder is wet at the same time.  No water in oil, or white smoke before this.  HELP!!!

after putting in a new thermostat and it never got above 148 something is wrong as it should have got up to about 185 -200....

15 minutes ago, Eduardo831 said:

Yeah that's unfortunate, but don't blame you for wanting to sell it after all this. 

Why?  He has a brand new gasket and his head's been planed.  Should be good for another however many miles.

Of course, if one is looking for an excuse to replace a vehicle  . . . .