2010 Journey Starter Location/ Replacement

bc1987

I've been having issues starting my 2010 Journey (2WD 6 cyl, 3.5 L, Automatic 6-spd) and I'm convinced it may be a bad starter.  I replaced the battery in January and just replaced the alternator a few days ago after my car would not start and a horrible smell permeated through the vents when attempting to start multiple times. New alternator is in and now when I turn the key to attempt to start the engine, I get nothing, no sounds whatsoever.  Lights are on and do not dim when attempting to start.  Can anyone advise where exactly the starter is located?  I have not been able to find the location of the starter and have not found any indication of where it may be online.  Any help would be much appreciated. Pictures of starter location would be even better.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, srk23 said:

Try putting the vehicle in neutral and then start it. If it starts it may be the neutral safety switch which is inside the transmission causing the problem.

check you wire connections for loose or corroded at the starter and frame some have found that to be their problems... good luck