Changing head unit 2013 Journey r/t

Hello,  looking for some opinions about an issue with the bluetooth on my Journey.  About 8 months ago my bluetooth stopped working and could not even access it through settings.  If I disconnected the  battery and reconnected after 30 min or so it would work fine for a few days. My oem battery actually died about 2 months after this issue began.  And once replaced the bluetooth was good for about two months.  They told me there was a bluetooth part that needed to be replaced for $600 dollars.   I thought this was a little steep.  Now does anyone know if all the bluetooth is in the head unit?  Should i try and find one at a salvage yard?  After market model or is that asking for more problems with the cdand air eyc etc.  there is no dvd or remote camera.  Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated 

Bluetooth is a module located under the dash, above the steering column and connects to one of the two connectors used for USB on the rear of the TGM (head unit).

You can always try to unplug one end or the other of the cable that goes between the module and the TGM - I know that my vehicle has developed an intermittent which cuts my BT audio off and when I tap the dash it comes back.  Annoying, but less annoying to me than taking the dash apart to check a couple of plugs - and worse, it could be the cable itself.

The BT module itself seems to retail for about $350 US, but they can be had from places lie LQK and independent scrap yards and they show up on Ebay from time to time for less.  Often much less.

Of course it could also be a bad cable . . . . . . .