Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Newmetalrealm

Rear Heat/AC Not Working

2 posts in this topic

Hey all, new member. Couldn't find this anywhere (like the whole internet).

My 09 Journey SXT is giving me issues with the Rear Heat/AC. It occasionally works. But 90% of the time it stays off, regardless of where the controls are set (front/rear;hot/cold;fan speed). You can see my frustration starting to build.

I have replaced the Rear Blower Motor (don't think the old one was bad now that It's replaced) Rear Resistor (again, not sure the old one was bad) and the issue still persists. And It sill occasionally flips on, but never more than a time or two before it goes back to not working.

I am running out of options. I was about to replace the AC/Heater Control unit at the center console ($200 new, but might be able to find a salvaged one). But I'm not sure this is an issue either. I checked the Fuse in the engine compartment (why did they put it there?) it appears fine. Though I never doubted it, since it occasionally still turns on. 

So, any ideas? Anyone else have this happen to them? I have 10 payments left on this car, and I intend to make it last for at least 2 more years, so I need that flipping A/C blowing hard. It's almost summer in Oklahoma again.... Thanks!

Have you looked at the wires connecting into both control heads?  It sounds like you have a contact issue.  While it could be one of the control heads, Id look into the wires first.....pain in the ass, but might be an easy fix if a wire got corroded or has a poor connection.....