Front turn signal won't flash 2013 Journey Crew

My 2013 Journey Crew has developed a problem with the left front turn signal (driver's side).  About April 2017  the turn signal stopped working (rapid flash of the dash turn signal and the message came up: "Turn Signal Lamp out" with an icon of a lamp pointing to the left front.  I stopped by O'Reilly Auto Parts and picked up a pack of 3757A bulbs to swap out the failed lamp. But on the way home, the left front turn signal started working again so I left the 3757 package in the glove box.  Then three day's ago (6/10/17), the same problem happened and the turn signal stopped working. Today, I pulled the turn signal socket and replaced the 3757AK  but the new bulb did not flash and the message center continued to display the Turn signal Lamp out message. I put the original bulb back into the socket and took the car in to my Dodge dealer for the scheduled  oil change and asked the service writer to check the left turn "bulb out" problem. Three hours later, the service writer came out and said that it will take another four hours to open the passenger side fender and trace down the problem. He said that the technician traced power into the fender but not out to the left turn signal. Since I had run out of time today, I asked him to button it back up and we would schedule a time to work on the issue.

Does this make sense to any of you forum members?  I hate to commit to four hours to disassemble the right side fender at an estimated cost of $540 plus Tax. I asked if there is any charge on my ticket today for this diagnostic and was told "no."

One other bit of information is that I have had an after market trailer wiring adapter (T-One® Connectors 118536) installed August 2015 without having any issues with the trailer lights or turn signals on the Journey.

September 2016 I had the Hands free module replaced after it failed to work. The turn signal issue did not appear for many months after that so I don't think that it is related.

Edited by smfabac
grammer correction.

Thanks for the input.  What exactly is in the right front fender that connects to the left front turn signal?  Just an update: The turn signal works about 60% of the time. This is unpredictable. Use it once and it may work, or try it again as needed and it may work. for three to four minutes  (several left turns where the signal is used over that time) and then stop working..

7 hours ago, smfabac said:

Thanks for the input.  What exactly is in the right front fender that connects to the left front turn signal?  Just an update: The turn signal works about 60% of the time. This is unpredictable. Use it once and it may work, or try it again as needed and it may work. for three to four minutes  (several left turns where the signal is used over that time) and then stop working..

He said inner fender well. Not right fender well. To get to the light socket. To check the socket and the connector.

I concur with the electrical connectivity being the source of your issue.  If you know how to work with electrical wiring, go for it. I can't find any direct information regarding the wiring harness involved.  If you choose to tackle it yourself, you'll have to pay close attention to what you're doing.  Use sensible precautions when working with electrical wiring (don't touch live wires, disconnect the battery, etc.)

If you aren't sure how to work with electrical wiring in a safe manner, pay the shop.  No sense in doing more damage on your own dime when the shop assumes liability if they screw up.