Amazon Prime Music through USB port in 2016 Journey

When I connect my Iphone 7 to the the USB port in my 2016 Journey, the system syncs with no problem but then will only play music from my itunes library, which there are only like 1 or 2 songs since I use Amazon for all my music. Is there any way to make the journey recognize the music I have in the Amazon library rather than the Itunes library? I've tried opening the amazon music app while it is synced, closing and pausing the Itunes app but it will not recognize amazon music at all. I have tried to find answers through amazon, apple and this forum but have not had any luck. And I honestly do not know which system or app is causing the issue but am hoping someone on here has any ideas? Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...
On 2017-08-09 at 7:15 PM, km-04 said:

Have you tried streaming via bluettoth instead?

I use Spotify with my iPhone 6s. I never plug my phone into the USB port because it only plays whatever is on my phone from iTunes & im paranoid I'll ruin my phones   battery. I stream regularly using Bluetooth & the only drawback is it doesn't show the artist or song title on the screen & I can't browse a list of songs. I can still play, pause, skip forward or go back using steering wheel controls or touch controls & sound quality is pretty impressive. 

Love it or hate, the uconnect music capability is fairly limited.  It is meant to be matched with an iPod or iTunes.  I'm an android guy so I use an iPod.  Works pretty flawlessly and is easy to keep updated.  It's still weird bcuz it will not display album art.  Gracenote s#!+.  Bluetooth works well, but no song info at all.  I will play my spotify sometimes.  I've also heard about people who use the SD card reader with good success (even album art I think).   I haven't gone to an SD card as my iPod is so easy to update.  Uconnect is a little dumb, but probably better right?  Keeps your eyes on the road.  Ha!

Peace.

I asked about bluetooth because it will stream Amazom music for me. In fact it streams Amazon, Pandora, the stock music android app, Spotify, and Iheart radio, all with no problem. It streams my wife's Samsung S7, my LG V10, and my daughter's iPhone. I hope this gets resolved for you soon.

Bluetooth will stream anything that plays over your phone audio output.  My radio now plays my ringtone (The Imperial March) whenever I get a call.  I assume the Uconnect system is set to read only that which is in the phone's primary music app (iTunes for iOS devices) whenever it is connected via USB.  I would assume Android would use Google Play Music, unless you have made settings changes (or removed it).  Either way - USB is reading a file, Bluetooth is receiving a live stream.  Big difference.

• 7 months later...