Yet another battery drain thread...

Hi All,

So I have the dreaded battery drain problem.  2014 Crossroad.  All good until last week, then suddenly wouldn't start.  Enough power to power locks, display, etc. but not enough to turn the engine over.  Jump started fine.

Took it into the dealer, who didn't listen to a word I said about BCM, etc.  After arguing if I should pay a diagnostic fee under warranty, they finally just replaced the battery.  2 days later, new battery dead.

The battery takes a charge to 100%, and if I disconnect it, holds that charge.  I have wired a Noco indicator connector, and the battery drains around 25% every 24hrs.

Of course this happens when we have a 5000km road trip planned starting in 4 days!  We do not have time to leave the car in the shop for 4 days for them to re-create the issue.

I have searched the forum and found lots of information for diagnosis and talk of TBNs, but none actually list the specific TBN for re-flashing the BCM... Does anyone have this?

Looks like I may have to go buy a small booster pack to stop us getting stranded in the middle of nowhere :(

Did they charge you for the battery?  If so, go back and get your money back.

I changed dealers when mine told me to pay for diagnostics.  They wouldn't even credit the charge if they found a covered problem.  That was 4 cars ago and I spread the word liberally about them here in the Montreal area.

The dealer just called in response to a message we left over the weekend.  They think it could be due to the dashcam I have installed.  The one that is plugged into the switched accessory plug on the front dash.  Muppets.

Anyhoo, they suggested we leave it with them for a day or two to diagnose... But due to our road-trip that's not gonna happen for a few weeks now.  

Oh well, wish us luck! :) 

3 hours ago, RamRod78 said:

The dealer just called in response to a message we left over the weekend.  They think it could be due to the dashcam I have installed.  The one that is plugged into the switched accessory plug on the front dash.  Muppets.

Anyhoo, they suggested we leave it with them for a day or two to diagnose... But due to our road-trip that's not gonna happen for a few weeks now.  

Oh well, wish us luck! :) 

doubt that is the problem as my gamin when it is  plug into the outlet in the front dash catch all cubbyhole  (what ever you want to call that spot) always goes dead when i turn the ign off there shouldn't be no power to that outlet ,unless you changed the wiring there. actual just went out and checked it and yes no power to that plug unless the ign is on. the dealer should know this......

30 minutes ago, 2late4u said:

doubt that is the problem as my gamin when it is  plug into the outlet in the front dash catch all cubbyhole  (what ever you want to call that spot) always goes dead when i turn the ign off there shouldn't be no power to that outlet ,unless you changed the wiring there. actual just went out and checked it and yes no power to that plug unless the ign is on. the dealer should know this......

Yeah, sorry, my sarcasm was hidden with the use of the term "muppets!".... Pardon my British! :drool:

Indeed, there is absolutely no way that is the problem, otherwise I would notice the red LED on the back of the power supply staying on. Besides, the draw of a dashcam/phone charger is not enough to drain a fully charged battery in 24hrs.  Also what about the low-power battery protection that should kick in?  

My gut feeling is the Body Control Module, or maybe the Amp for the premium audio... If I could find the TSB for the BCM, I could probably get them to just re-flash it without having to sit on the car for 2 days and not find anything.