Front speakers stopped working

I have a 2015 Journey SXT AWD with a 4.3S radio with 6 speakers (I am not sure if that helps). I noticed one day my front speakers aren't working. It is not the balance/fade adjustment. I checked the fuse for the radio under the passenger side dash and it was not bad. I am kind of at a loss. Any ideas?

Well if the radios plays at all its not a fuse.  Speakers are not fused at all.  Since its a 2015 I would ask if its under warranty because most likely the radio has blown.  I suppose you could try disconnecting the battery for 30-45 mins, maybe something needs to reset, but I doubt it.

let us know.

Ok, I will unhook the battery when I get home and let it sit awhile (I am willing to try anything) Unfortunately it has high mileage and is out of the warranty period. I recently had it in for a recall on the brakes and they told me it is an 80 dollar charge just to look at it. I would like the front speakers to work and I am willing to get my hands dirty but I don't know if I want to put a ton of money into a stock sound system. 

If you still have warranty just take it to the dealer. 

If you don't you can roll by a local car stereo place and discuss buying a new radio or speakers, as required - They'll tell you which you need.  If it turns out to be the stereo itself you can buy a new one on ebay for $100 or so.  It takes about 10 minutes to swap.

RHA=no Sirius, REB=with Sirius.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X(chrysler%2C+dodge)+(reb%2C+rha).TRS0&_nkw=(chrysler%2C+dodge)+(reb%2C+rha)&_sacat=0

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...