No Compass in new Journey

Just bought 2017 Journey sxt  blacktop and noticed there is no compass. Everything I've read in the manual says there should be one. I have radio 4.3. Called dodge and said that there was one for this car but they had so much trouble with the compass they discontinued it about 6 months ago. Are they telling the truth? Or just covering their behinds because they don't want to fix it. Sounds like a compass in a car nowadays is standard feature , don't know why they would have trouble with one now. Sounds shady. Any thoughts?

so actually why is a compass that important? i know where ever i am headed which way it is. both my 2011 and 2014 have a compass and to be honest i have never needed it,of course i dont go off road or thur the woods, so guess it might come in handy there....

16 hours ago, Micr107 said:

Just bought 2017 Journey sxt  blacktop and noticed there is no compass. Everything I've read in the manual says there should be one. I have radio 4.3. Called dodge and said that there was one for this car but they had so much trouble with the compass they discontinued it about 6 months ago. Are they telling the truth? Or just covering their behinds because they don't want to fix it. Sounds like a compass in a car nowadays is standard feature , don't know why they would have trouble with one now. Sounds shady. Any thoughts?

That's odd, all the journeys that I test drove back in December had one. It was in the instrument cluster between the speedo and the tachometer. It's nothing fancy, it just says "s", "NW", etc. etc. 

Not really concerned about the lack of a compass, but I never realized how useful it was till it was gone! I didn't like the runaround I got from Dodge customer service. They gave me 3 different answers in a span of a 10 minute phone call. I work for FCA in an assembly plant so I can verify if this is true by contacting some engineers who work on the journey platform. Just wondering if anyone else has one or doesn't. Thanks for the feedback.