Dodge Journey 2013 Won't start/no power/no lights/

Hi,

The problem started when I went to start with key fob and at first it said "key no detected" then when I tried again it said "put in park" then with each successive time trying to start the screen got dimmer and dimmer and now it is completely dead.  Lights don't work, power doors windows, everything is dead.  I tried jumping it with nothing.  If anyone has any suggestions it'd be much appreciated!

Are you jumping it properly?  Because it sure seems like a dead battery.  It could be due to a bad alternator or alternator control unit, but even so I'd expect to see something happen when you try to jump the vehicle.

What does the voltage read for the outlet at the rear of the center console (the cigarette lighter socket for the 2nd row)?  That has unswitched power.

I'm also having a problem with our 2013 started a week ago.The gas mileage seemed to reset,changed radio stations by itself a couple of times.So I replaced the battery thinking a bad battery can cause this with low voltage.

I now have a battery light and a P0622 code as well as a message that it is in battery save mode. Puttting a voltmeter across the jump terminals I sometimes see 14V and other times see 11.6 V .It almost appears to me that if I jiggle the connector that is at the  alternator my voltage comes up to 14V again.It may just be a bad connection and when the engine cools down I'll try and take the connector off and see if there is anything to it.It may be the connection from the computer to the alternator? that requests  the charge I don't know but it's not a heavy cable delivering the 12v