Hey everyone,

I have been looking around the forums for a week or so as I recently purchased a 14  Dodge Journey!  

I have been reading up as up as I want to add a back up camera (I have the 8.4 screen). Now I know that there are several detailed posts about this which I have read but one answer I could not seem to find about it. So I apologize for bringing it up again! Anyway I see that it was stated that some journeys are pre-wired for the back up camera. How does someone know (without taking apart to look) wether it is pre wired? Was it certain years or certain models? 

Again sorry to bring up an old topic- I promise I tried looking for this answer but couldn't locate it! 

Thanks in advance and looking forward to doingvsome modifications to my Journey 

IMG_4368.JPG

Technically it is simple:  Look at the connector at the rear of the TGM (radio module) and if the 3 pins assigned for the video have wires in them then you are prewired.

Mine had those wires, but for the life of me I was unable to find the connection out back and so I ran the cable that came in my 2011 kit and the dealer inserted the pins, replacing the connections that were there previously