Random misfire code, crankshaft/camshaft positioning sensor code

bell

I have a 2009 Dodge Journey 2.4L with 116K miles. I ran the codes and I had a random misfire code, crankshaft/camshaft positioning sensor code. Ive replace the sensors, spark plugs and coil packs a month ago when this first started, it ran great until 3 days ago. All the codes are back and it runs so rough and has so little power i cant even get it to the shop. Any and all help would be great.

i have never cleaned the throttle body, and as far as the actual codes i don't know i take it to Oriellys and have them read it for me they said random misfire and crank/cam shaft sensor. Ive tried to get the codes from the dash board, switch car to on and off 3 times, but no code show up then it says done. Im at a loss for what it might be, ive talked to several mechanics and dealerships and no one can tell me what is wrong other than what the codes say. Someone suggested that it could be due to low fuel pressure? Any thouhgts?

I would order a code reader online , the are cheap. Codes and definitions can be found on line and  are a big help. 

Remember part stores are there to sell parts . 

Ibwpuld clean the throttle body , it is not that hard to get to and there are videos on u tube explaining how to take it off .  Fuel pump will not set a code itself and you have to check fuel pressure on the rail.

I would start by cleaning the throttle body . 

Have you tried to replace the crankshaft sensor located in the back of engine it's easier to get through underneath. It will be behind a heat shield remove only 2 bolts from the shield pull away enough to get the crankshaft sensor out. It should only take about 20-30 mins to do. Replaced this on my friends 2.4L Avenger as well as his spark plugs and coil boots fixed his rough engine power loss

Edited by Eduardo831
Typo

On 6/1/2017 at 10:22 AM, Eduardo831 said:

Have you tried to replace the crankshaft sensor located in the back of engine it's easier to get through underneath. It will be behind a heat shield remove only 2 bolts from the shield pull away enough to get the crankshaft sensor out. It should only take about 20-30 mins to do. Replaced this on my friends 2.4L Avenger as well as his spark plugs and coil boots fixed his rough engine power loss

Yes i replace i last month as well as all the spark plugs and coil packs, i broke down and took it to the dealership, partly because it had a recall anyways. they said it was the PCM and wanted to charge me $700 to replace it, i ordered one myself and it is supposed to come programmed. i will see if it fixes the problem it came in yesterday and i will try and get it swapped out this evening after work

• 5 years later...
9 minutes ago, Chris87 said:

Hey did you ever figure out the problem?

This member you are asking has NOT BEEN ON since Jan of 2018 with NO REPORT BACK. I doubt they will reply to you here.

Maybe you could start your own thread of YOUR problem, and give good specifics of symptoms/codes/and previous maint done to get responses to try and help YOU out.