Drive Shaft Replacement Steps

I took my Journey in for a transmission check. Ended up having a cracked transfer case. The driveshaft was checked and part had fallen off, probably from accident a while ago. 

I had the shop replace the driveshaft. What I wonder is, is it required to remove the calipers to replace the driveshaft

I ask because brand new calipers were just installed and yesterday my front driver side caliper fell off. 

34 minutes ago, Swiffer1575 said:

I took my Journey in for a transmission check. Ended up having a cracked transfer case. The driveshaft was checked and part had fallen off, probably from accident a while ago. 

I had the shop replace the driveshaft. What I wonder is, is it required to remove the calipers to replace the driveshaft

I ask because brand new calipers were just installed and yesterday my front driver side caliper fell off. 

Yes, I would think so. Wheel, brakes, rotors, and whatever else would be necessary to remove the hub/bearing assembly from the end of the axle. I've not done one on the DJ, but on 2 Grand Caravans, and one Taurus it was necessary,  Shoot... just reread your post... the caliper "fell off"??!!  I'd be screaming mad at whatever idiot did the work on it! The calipers are held on via 2 slider pins(bolts)... only way it comes off is if it wasn't put on properly.

Edited by BrianS