2010 Journey, anyone have one and any problems?

04redmach1

• 1 month later...

On the 2010 models....

I'm confused over Dodge Detroit announcement: "Dodge announces upgraded lineup for 2010 ..." (http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/08/dodge-announces-upgraded-lineup-for-2010-including-nitro-detonat )

They say the new 2010 Journey models will have packages like Express, Hero, Heat.

Does this essentially mean that there's a new 2010 model line-up/pricing now? On the official website, there's no mention of these packages though, if you go to pricing.

Bonus question: which model has the black facia around the temp control and radio unit vs the relatively ugly light metallic one?

On the 2010 models....

I'm confused over Dodge Detroit announcement: "Dodge announces upgraded lineup for 2010 ..." (http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/08/dodge-announces-upgraded-lineup-for-2010-including-nitro-detonat )

They say the new 2010 Journey models will have packages like Express, Hero, Heat.

Does this essentially mean that there's a new 2010 model line-up/pricing now? On the official website, there's no mention of these packages though, if you go to pricing.

Yes, very confusing. They made the announcement but still nothing on the marketing side. The reason is that they have not gone into production with the "2010 1/2" models yet, so no sense marketing something you can't sell. Last I heard, these models were going to be available "this spring". I'm pretty active over on Allpar, so the moment more details are available, I'll post them over here.

I have owned my SXT, 3.5L, 19" Wheels (Performance) for 1.5 months - 3266mi. No Problems. I love the acceleration - I came from a Chrysler Pacifica with 3.5L (163,000 mi. at trade in).

After reading all the negative posts it was nice to read this thread with everyone's mostly positive reflections. I like my Journey.

• 3 weeks later...

On the 2010 models....

Bonus question: which model has the black facia around the temp control and radio unit vs the relatively ugly light metallic one?

When we had our powow at our plant (Brampton assembly- charger, 300 and challenger) they told us that instead of the traditional SE, SXT, RT etc packages they were gonna introduce 'attitude' packages. Express would be the SE -someone that just wants a no frills ride, Hero i think was something about being able to do anything (ie AWD ) Heat was the top-of-the-line stuff like RT and SRT.. It was a loooong presentation but its something to this effect.

The updated cars won't start showing up til the 2011 model year maybe sooner for some models.. When FIAT saw the trim "updates" made by Cerberus ( our old 'owner') they pooh-poohed them and took everything back to the drawing board. They wanted a lot more euro styling ie:less cheap plastic more sleak quality leather/ wood. Don't expect the price to stay as low but the look of the lineup will get kicked up a couple'a notches. They are also heavy into quality, moreso than Daimler or Cerberus ever were, from my point of view.

• 1 month later...

I bought my 2010 R/T 3.5 v-6 in december. It handles very well in dry, wet and snowy conditions. I have over 16000 miles on mmy journey and do not regret buying it. I love this ride and always driving it. got the chrome package and love the shine and looks i get as i cruise the highway to work. In my opinion it is a piece of art work. As for pick up, love to admit i have raceed a couple SS monte carlos and ss impalias. even a mustang or two. no cobras or salens. But GTs either they were slow on the light and we were evenly matched or the just stayed a fender behind on purpose. Even on the highway it has great pick up, probably because i know how to use the autostcik feature. And shift it my self.

When we had our powow at our plant (Brampton assembly- charger, 300 and challenger) they told us that instead of the traditional SE, SXT, RT etc packages they were gonna introduce 'attitude' packages. Express would be the SE -someone that just wants a no frills ride, Hero i think was something about being able to do anything (ie AWD ) Heat was the top-of-the-line stuff like RT and SRT.. It was a loooong presentation but its something to this effect.

The updated cars won't start showing up til the 2011 model year maybe sooner for some models.. When FIAT saw the trim "updates" made by Cerberus ( our old 'owner') they pooh-poohed them and took everything back to the drawing board. They wanted a lot more euro styling ie:less cheap plastic more sleak quality leather/ wood. Don't expect the price to stay as low but the look of the lineup will get kicked up a couple'a notches. They are also heavy into quality, moreso than Daimler or Cerberus ever were, from my point of view.

I ordered my 2010 SXT with the new "Crew" package in early March of this year. Should be here this week or next. See this link:

• 2 weeks later...

I am having problems with my brakes. I have just under 1200 miles on my new journey. I have had it in the shop twice and haven't even made a car payment yet!! I travel to work going down a lot of hills and my brakes and wheel shake. The second time it was in the shop the dealer called chrysler. They said that they are aware of the problem and right now the solution is to downshift when going down hills. ON A GAS MOTOR?? I should not have to down shift. I have owned many dodge vehicles...1500ram, 2500ram, Nitro, Jeep...none of which have I ever had to downshift. Currently, I have a complaint in with chrysler. I am so upset with this vehicle it makes me sick. I do not trust it with me in the car...let alone my one year old son. I do not know what to do.

I am having problems with my brakes. I have just under 1200 miles on my new journey. I have had it in the shop twice and haven't even made a car payment yet!! I travel to work going down a lot of hills and my brakes and wheel shake. The second time it was in the shop the dealer called chrysler. They said that they are aware of the problem and right now the solution is to downshift when going down hills. ON A GAS MOTOR?? I should not have to down shift. I have owned many dodge vehicles...1500ram, 2500ram, Nitro, Jeep...none of which have I ever had to downshift. Currently, I have a complaint in with chrysler. I am so upset with this vehicle it makes me sick. I do not trust it with me in the car...let alone my one year old son. I do not know what to do.

I don't think they're offering that as a permanent solution but merely an interim technique to reduce the amount of pedal pressure you need to apply when braking at high speed. At least I sure HOPE that's the case because there's no way that problem should be considered normal! They must not view it as a safety concern or else they never would have suggested it. Have they given an indication of what the problem really is or have they just said it's a known issue?

If you read through the countless posts about brakes you will find some who have had brake problems at 10 or 20,000 miles. I can tell you that I and two of my friends have Journeys with over 30,000 and still have the original brakes. Now having said that, all three of us do a lot of highway driving and we are all close to needing new brakes on the front, but no complaints so far.

Good luck..... and Happy Motoring.

I don't think wantanewcar's comment relates to brake wear. It sounds like shaking/vibration when applying the brakes at high speed, as if something is broken, warped or out of balance. Definitely not normal. My point was that it might not be a safety risk and that the dealer's suggestion just might be a temporary one until they can figure it out.

That said, I've heard from both ends of the spectrum on brake wear - some who had to change just over 12,000 miles, others that have reached 30,000 and are still going strong. I don't think premature brake wear with this vehicle is a universal phenomenon, but it definitely affects some owners. In my case, I still have plenty of meat on the pads at 8,300 miles. I love the fact that I can inspect them through the open spoke rims without having to remove a wheel. My guess is I'll easily make it to 20K but just how far past that will remain to be seen,

• 1 month later...

Just curious

I might have a problem......

My 2010 Journey SXT just rolled over 2500 miles and today something weird happened.

I'm thinking the sensor for the rear gate is being screwy.

I went to open the vehicle to go home from work and it did a rapid double beep of the horn... i figured I hit it twice so just got in...

Before I even settled into the seat I noticed the GATE (9ATE) light was on. I got out to ck if it was shut and if anyone tampered with it.

There were no signs of tampering and it was shut tight. I opened then shut again just in case.

I got in, started he rup and the interior lights stayed on.

I drove out a bit and then stopped to open and close the Gate again. I could not locate a sensor so assume it is in the locking mechanism.

I drove home and all worked well but it kept flashing 9ATE....9ATE

edit*** Also when I hit the brakes the interior lights fade out and the GATE goes away so I can read the right side display....that could be by design but I dont know.

OK so I get home and 3 hours later (moments ago) my Horn started beeping I look and there is no one there and unlock then lock again.

A few minutes later the horn starts blowing again.

Suggestions??

I might have a problem......

My 2010 Journey SXT just rolled over 2500 miles and today something weird happened.

I'm thinking the sensor for the rear gate is being screwy.

I went to open the vehicle to go home from work and it did a rapid double beep of the horn... i figured I hit it twice so just got in...

Before I even settled into the seat I noticed the GATE (9ATE) light was on. I got out to ck if it was shut and if anyone tampered with it.

There were no signs of tampering and it was shut tight. I opened then shut again just in case.

I got in, started he rup and the interior lights stayed on.

I drove out a bit and then stopped to open and close the Gate again. I could not locate a sensor so assume it is in the locking mechanism.

I drove home and all worked well but it kept flashing 9ATE....9ATE

edit*** Also when I hit the brakes the interior lights fade out and the GATE goes away so I can read the right side display....that could be by design but I dont know.

OK so I get home and 3 hours later (moments ago) my Horn started beeping I look and there is no one there and unlock then lock again.

A few minutes later the horn starts blowing again.

Suggestions??

The "sensor" is the contact between the door and the latch hook. Do you have a cloth or something covering it? I had the dog blanket on it by accident and it claimed the door was open.

The "sensor" is the contact between the door and the latch hook. Do you have a cloth or something covering it? I had the dog blanket on it by accident and it claimed the door was open.

No. No cloth. No obstructions of any kind.

UPDATE 01 ****

No more GATE on dash.

But still cant lock it without the horn beeping after a few minutes.

• 4 weeks later...

After a recent 2800km trip (9800km in total on vehicle) when we pull up to a stop with unit still in D, about the time the vehicle stopped or right after, the trans would do some wierd shift thing for no reason and the vehicle would jump very notiably against the brakes which are applied thank goodness, almost violently. Did this 7 times. Dealer checked it, no codes, did a trans shift re-learn ?? and I am trying it again. Hopefully its has settled down. Other than this, unit has been flawless.

• 2 weeks later...

where do i start..

front brakes metal to metal at 18k miles

radio locks up every couple of weeks (nav / my gig)

awd transfer case replaced 35k miles (in the shop for 35 days)

rear brakes/rotors @ 55k

transfer case leaking again@ 58k

battery at 60k

Here are my problems.....

So I buy a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT in November last year. To start, back on April 3 2010 the wife and I were in Phenix City and just got off the by pass in stop and go traffic. Went to go and car would not move. Floored would not move but maybe 1/2 a mile an hour. Then surged, then grabbed, and died again with check engine light flashing. Did this 3 times and finally made it home. Transmission sounds horrible and did for a few days before this occured. Had it towed to dealership and like most dealerships now days, they want to blame it on the computer because they don't know a damn thing about a car. We get the car back on the 13th I believe it was only to still have the MECHANICAL noise in the transmission. I called and said I still have a noise and like I said is not electrical.

Well, this past saturday the 17th we are riding around in north Columbus at about 50mph and out of nowhere the car jumps to 4000 rpms and holds! No acceleration just like a neutral drop but still in drive. Holds for 30 seconds! Then while taking trash off sunday night I hear a loud steady noise from the engine. One is head tick, which is normal for DOHC cars with large displacement, but the other is not normal.

I go to the dealership today a little pissed off because I have a $26,000+ vehicle that has 7000+ miles on it and only 5 months of ownership with all of these issues. They have a mechanic ride with me and after the long route I get the car to make the mechanical a little more often like it normally does after a good longer ride. He claims to hear something, but when we get to the shop he hears nothing. He also says, " It did not jump to 4k rpms or stall." Well no shit, I said it happen once on saturday and that was it for the jump in rpms, not everyday. Basically I was called a liar to my face and I went off. Little irrate of course.

Now since I have no documented proof of the issues lemon law isn't a help and they want to trade me out and fuck me over once again. What are they smoking? So I have a brand new $26K car worth $18K on trade in, which is a death trap due to stalling and not reliable at all. Horrible so called mechanics do not know how an engine works obviously, and thinks everything can be fixed with a god damn computer reflash.

Not too mention at 7000 miles I need pads and rotors turned!!!!!! IT is GONE for GOOD.

• 4 weeks later...

I have had our 2009 Journey SXT 3.5L since April. We bought it used with 37,000 miles on it and it came with a factory extended warranty. We have had zero issues with it and we have put 4000+ miles on it already.

The family loves it and it is a very strong vehicle. I run only full synthetic oil in it and maintain it regularly. Not had an issue so far.

We also had a 2007 Magnum that we bought used with 12,000 miles on it in 2007 that had zero issues as well. We put 25,000 miles on that and in the end we traded it for the Journey because we had another kid. Never had a problem.

Before that, we had a Jeep Cherokee for years and never had it break down. I think we Put 90,000 miles on that before the wife wrecked it. We used that money to get the Magnum mentioned above.

I drive a 1997 Neon as my daily beater to and from work. I have had it for around 5 years and put 100,000 miles on it. It had 90K when I bought it. I have only had to do routine maintenance on it and figure out an electrical bug once due to some wires getting old and rotting. Still drives excellent with plenty of power and no engine issues. I run full synthetic oil in it also.

My father has had nothing but Dodge for ever and never had an issue except for a new Dakota he had in the 90's. got rid of that real quick.

Usually people go on forums to find answers to their problems or to get performance or tune-up ideas. Not many people go on a forum just to take the time to post good things, so negatives always outweigh the positives on forums. This forum is actually pretty small, which should be a good overall indicator of all the happy, trouble free drivers out there with the Journey.

All in all we have had Chrysler/Dodge cars for years without any major issues.

• 3 months later...