Spongy Pedal

Howdy guys, glad to be on board. I have a 2009 Journey RT and replaced adds and rotors all the way around. Did not open the system at all. Now pedal gets hard when not running but when running it goes almost to the floor before hard stop. When driving it you get ok braking when you first push it but the pedal still travels down. I have bled several times now with no air bubbles showing. 

I have noticed that the rear  calipers when by bro pushes the pedal have a little distance to travel before contacting pads. Then when he lets pedal go up they retract which leaves nearly 1/8 inch gap. I think this is where I am finding the pedal travel. How long does it take for the piston to stay out and remain close to the pad? Never had this happen before so I am not sure what I am missing. 

I turned one piston back out just a bit and that helped, but they still retract and do not stay close to the pads. I have also tried to sort of set them with the parking brake but that has not changed anything either.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Thanks so much,

Phil

Don't turn the back positions out , only turn in the direction that pushes them in. Should be seated all the way in and then apply s a few times to get them to set close to the pads. 

Might be be a problem with the slide pins sticking if you did not clean and lube them. 

Will  the parking brake hold the car . 

Edited by Dusty256