New (used) Journey owner says hello to all!

Goldie

New (used) Journey owner says hello to all!

Just wanted to say hello to all the owners, members and moderators here and a big thanks for keeping this forum going.  

I have owned my Journey for a month and have already learned to a bunch of useful info and tips.

Well done and great site!

Thanks.

My wife and I have gotten a few looks and compliments on our RT.  We love our Journey though I do know it is early days yet, but being a committed and repeat Chrysler owner (3 vehicles: 2 Dodges and 1 Jeep, while my dad purchased 7 for himself and 3 others for family members during his lifetime) I am familiar with them and trust their products.   I also love knowing I am supporting the North American economy.

I have always liked the generally affordable cost to maintain/repair domestic vehicle, though all the electrical/computer gadgetry (and the accompanying wiring:detective:) does intimidate a wee bit for someone raised on locking hubs, crank windows and cassette decks.  

I guess I'm showing my age.

In my experience I have found, like in most things, if you take care of the vehicle it will take care of you (just like this website which is a GOLDmine of collective knowledge and accumulated wisdom).

welcome to the group i had a 2011 main street loved it  had about 70 k on it and stopped by the dealership and next thing i knew i was buying a 2014 crossroad, lol anyways didnt have any problems with the 2011 but i did buy the max lifetime yrs and miles on the crossroad as i plan on driving it till the wheels come off or i pass off to the great beyond.....

Thanks.  Yes, as far as other cars go Journey's are easy on the eyes (then again, I've always loved Dodge body designs), though I've heard some refer to the Journey's as 'trucks'?

I haven't bought the extended but may do so at some point.  

First task is rustproofing/oildrip.

well to be honest i did have to use the Extended warranty at about 50 k when i had a oil pressure sender went bad on a trip away from home, just took it in to the dodge dealership they gave me a free rental car and about 5 hrs later called and said everything was fixed cost me my $100 ded plus $7 for rags and cleaning supplies and i was good to go so glad i had the warranty,cost was supposed to be around $400-500 without the free rental so it has helped some....