Installing updates issue

Has anyone had an issue installing updates before? I'm having a problem with it saying that there is no information on the USB, I've just installed a new radio in the Journey and I think that might have something to do with it.  I called Uconnect and spoke with them and they had no answers for me... I want to install the Garmin Map updates but I don't want to pay for it if it's not going to work. I know the USB port is working because everything else works fine in it.  Should I have the Dealer flash it?  

Does the USB port light up?  Is it plugged into the proper connector at the back of the TGM?  If yes, then put some music onto the USB and see if the radio sees it. 

And uConnect will absolutely not help you bypass the copyright protection system.  If you want your dealer to update the radio or if you want to uConnect to support you, you are going to have to buy your maps through the proper channels.

You have a 2013 R/T according to your profile.  What version of the radio do you have?  Different versions require different map sets and have different update procedures.

Hi Bramfrank,    I was hoping that you were going to chime in, the USB plug does light up and seems to work fine. Its the 2012 RB5 unit, I wasn't aware that there were different updating procedures for different units. I guess that I didn't do enough homework on this upgrade... image1.JPG