Open speaker circuit

I have a 2016 journey with the 4.3" radio screen. I decided to upgrade the speakers by cutting the speaker wires behind the radio and useing a lc7i processor to feed my amps. The radio powers up and seems to work fine however does not send audio signal. My wiring was fine and checked by a store. There is no factory amp and according to the dealership the car is showing "open speaker circuit". Any ideas what's going on and what the fix could be?

The fix is simple enough; wire 5 watt 8 ohm resistors across the speaker lines (which is a common value though I believe the factory speakers may be even lower impedance) and the radio will think it has speakers connected.

Edited by bramfrank

You would need to wire the resistors  across the positive and negative leads to simulate a speaker load.Not sure how warm they might get though if the volume was up loud

I took a quick look at a  lc7i processor   if it accepts speaker line level inputs you would think it should simulate a load to the factory system but the specs I saw said input imedance was 20k ohms

Edited by yyz