Rim that fits 2016 dodge Journey CVP

d1ulove

I have my original rim swap to a winter tire, because the rim that I bought online was too small to fit, mechanic said my DJ has a bigger calliper on the front back it's ok but front no it's hitting the calliper. any specific size that I can look for. 

16 hours ago, d1ulove said:

I have my original rim swap to a winter tire, because the rim that I bought online was too small to fit, mechanic said my DJ has a bigger calliper on the front back it's ok but front no it's hitting the calliper. any specific size that I can look for. 

Same size as your OEM wheels

d1ulove-

The original size is a safe answer. But that's not the only answer. I just went through this for the same reason you are. Your mechanic is correct, and even the Fit Guides online are not accurate what will fit! It isn't just the offset or wheel diameter that is the issue. Some 17" wheels will fit, but not all 17" wheels with the same spec will fit. It's how much clearance behind the spoke is designed into the wheel that will clear the caliper.

I assume by what you said you have 19" OEM wheels and you just bought 19" tires to you put them on. Is that correct? If so, it sounds like you will be committed to 19" rims since you already bought the tires.

FWIW- I did in fact find 17" wheels that will fit the large caliper Dodge Journeys! I now have American Racing Estrella's with studded tires on them on my 2015 DJ Crossroad. The spoke on those curve out away quickly just inside the rim to clear the caliper with plenty of room to spare. :-)