Question about front end work

I just got back from Dodge and they had to replace both lower front control arms, ti rods, linkage and bushing. I asked why they didn't do a alignment and they said it didn't need one. I am not a mechanic but I thought any front end work you would have to do an alignment.

Someone let me know if the dealer is telling the truth.   

While I'm sure there are skilled enough to "eyeball" the tie rod length, it's always a good idea to have the alignment checked when replacing front end parts. I know firestone does courtesy alignment checks. If the dealer is refusing, go get it checked somewhere so you can go back if it's off and make them do the alignment. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/29/2016 at 9:30 AM, Maverick24 said:

I just got back from Dodge and they had to replace both lower front control arms, ti rods, linkage and bushing. I asked why they didn't do a alignment and they said it didn't need one. I am not a mechanic but I thought any front end work you would have to do an alignment.

Someone let me know if the dealer is telling the truth.   

What lead to the replacement of the control arms etc...

I just had my 09. In for front end work (ball joint L lower). They did not do the alignment.  When i left, I had to turn the wheel 1/4 way to the right to go straight. WTF. Went right back in, made the manager drive it. He went 2 blocks and said WTF, this is so screwed up its not funny.  They aligned it (straight as an arrow, like it was when i took it in) but the mechanic tried to blame it on the L front tire being less worn then the others. BS. That tire has been on the car 5000 miles and on the left front since January.

they tried to skip a step and got caught.  Make them do it.