Want new driver and passenger seats

Journeymom12

I have a 2012 Dodge Journey CVP. I bought my Journey, too quickly and find my driver seat which is cloth and manual is also very uncomfortable.

It feels like the foam has completely collapsed. The seat area and the back support feels nil.... I would like to switch it out, both front seats

I found a pair of leather seats from an auto wrecker (they are in excellent condition.) Is this something which is easy to do? It would not affect

the air bags, would it. Sorry for so many questions. I just like my car and want to make some affordable upgrades.

I am on a budget, otherwise I would just upgrade my seats through a dealer, but that is not an option.

He has a CVP with manual seats and the new ones are power (he didn't say whether the passenger one is or not).  Are the connectors the same?  Is there power for the seats (and what of power heat) - because he has the base model the harness might be different.

No matter what, DISCONNECT THE BATTERY WHILE DOING THE WORK.

Edited by bramfrank

good to know. and great questions to ask. I would not have thought of it.

The seats from the wrecker are from a 2014 Journey are leather and look really good!

I will have to find out if the harness is the same and the same for the connectors.

The 2nd row seats look good too. May just replace all the seats with the ones from the wrecker.

Good way to reduce, reuse and recycle.

How can I find out?

Passenger seat is manual not electric, which is fine. 

LESSON learned when you buy used, make sure you get what you want and need...

Edited by Journeymom12

if your original is manual seats i doubt that the connectors for electric seats will be there, now it can be wired for the electric seats. dodge dealer should be able to tell you what connectors you should need but i doubt you will be able to get them from the dealer,you  will probably be able to get them from the scrap yard that you are buying the seats from then have run a power line from the fuse block to the seats. good luck