battery size

so i am thinking of putting in a new battery and there are 2 size groups for our journeys group size 86 which is 590cca and 737 cranking amps or group size 25 which has 525 cca and 655 cranking amps both are almost the same size. i am figuring well go with the biggest numbers which is the group 86 battery. $109.57 plus tax at Sams warehouse stores. also while i was reaching this has anyone used a battery power unit to save your settings? never have used one and didnt have no problem when i did my 2011 journey. also i see they say in the future if you have the start stop feature on your car you will have to take it to the dealer to replace your battery as it will have to be flashed or something done to it so the car will accept the new battery......

Seriously....take to dealer after changing the battery ! I assume that "flashed" will come at a cost too ? If so, what a joke, you may as well put a gun to our heads and make us buy  the battery from the dealers . Hope someone can clarify this thought as I am thinking about a new battery also in my 2012.

1 hour ago, probak118 said:

Seriously....take to dealer after changing the battery ! I assume that "flashed" will come at a cost too ? If so, what a joke, you may as well put a gun to our heads and make us buy  the battery from the dealers . Hope someone can clarify this thought as I am thinking about a new battery also in my 2012.

i was talking about the start stop feature that alot of the new cars are coming with.it is when you come to a stop light and the car will automatical shut off and then when you press the gas  pedal it will start up again this is to save gas to improve your mpg....i dont think i would like that feature as you know you will probaley have starter problems alot sooner than normal, 

I put the biggest one (both cca and physical size) that would fit.  A bigger battery is definitely better.   Never heard of such a thing as having to go to the dealer after changing a battery,  but if you are worried pick up a memory saver (a 9 volt  battery  that plugs into your power socket) this prevents the computers from losing everything while you change your .battery

Definitely go with the bigger battery. No harm no foul!! If you dont have a vehicle equipped with start/stop then a dealer trip should not be in order as far as I know.

I bought a new 2017 Durango last week and its equipped with s/s. Its really hard to get use to hearing the car cut completely off, but it does have a button to turn it off if you choose. However, I have been curious with it and trying it out more and more. The little green light comes on the dash and it just goes dead. As soon as you lift off the brake the starter engages and its back on its way. Very weird at first!!

It wouldnt surprise me that a dealer trip is in order for a battery swap on vehicles equipped with s/s. Certain requirements have to be met in order for s/s to even activate;  it wont activate during max ac, engine below normal operating temps, high amp draw, etc. However from my experience so far, s/s can engage and will continue to run ac, heat, and lights/electronics under "normal" operating conditions. So apparently the battery is not your average battery and is integrated into the car in more ways than you can imagine. And according to Allpar... to compensate all those features; they have stronger batteries, beefier starters, and even thicker meatier flywheels.