bar light and head lights

Angelcbr

So, I saw a post of someone that installed an LED bar on the front bumper and am going to give it a try. The credit is for CARRITT11, am going to make a custom brackets since the LED bar is heavy, am going to attach it to the bumper bar. The LED bar that am going to use is from ebay, the brand is CREE and is 20,000Lumens. yes I know that's a lot!!.  and instead of getting another button am going to wire it to the fog lights that way I don't have to worry about getting another relay and all that mess. my foglights are LED already so the power draw is minimum giving me more for the bar. The second mod that I want is to make my headlights like the black "CROSSROAD" ones. but am not planning on paying 300+ for the headlights, instead am going to open the headlight and use black high temp manifold paint. the only question is that I know some people use an oven @250 degrees ,others uses a heat gun for the glue. I wonder which method is better since journey's headlights are huge!!   any ideas???

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0617.JPG

IMG_0619.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_7181.JPG

IMG_8060.JPG

On 11/28/2016 at 8:50 PM, OhareFred said:

Nice.

How did you do the wheels?

spray can, i used black matte brake caliper paint cause its a high temperature paint. got it from advance auto parts. wash the rims with dish soup to remove any dirt and any oil from the rims and paint, i used 3 cans 

On 12/2/2016 at 2:18 PM, Marald said:

also want to see led bar 

i haven't installed yet cause i was out of town and i need to make custom brackets because i don't want to hook it to the plastic bumper, am going to hook it to the bar. is more work but is more solid that way. ill put pictures once is done

2 hours ago, Angelcbr said:

just wondering why when i plug in 2014 journey crossroad but it said this was not compatable with it.....also the one comment about it he said it wasnt as bright as he thought it would be, have you tried it yet?

Edited by 2late4u

23 hours ago, 2late4u said:

just wondering why when i plug in 2014 journey crossroad but it said this was not compatable with it.....also the one comment about it he said it wasnt as bright as he thought it would be, have you tried it yet?

because is not made for journeys at all, is an universal light bar, you need to make new conections and maybe brackets depending on where you plan on install it. i havent installed yet but i turn it on already and is very bright.ill upload a picture once it get dark here.  

23 hours ago, 2late4u said:

and is just a $32.00 light and is just 24" for me its perfect

• 1 month later...

Nice set up.  As far as the Light bar goes, I've worked in the off road industry for years now and I know everything about the lighting and the competitors that are out there, it's part of my job.  The 20,000 Lumen rating is a paper number used by marketing to get you to think their product is bright.  When you plug that light into a LUX reader used by USA LED manufactures that China light will push only 6,000 effective lumens.