Key Fob Battery Low - 2015 Freemont acting strange

I have had quite weird experience recently with my 2015 Fiat Freemont 3,6 AWD. When in the mountains in Austria last week I kept receiving the Key Fob Battery Low message on the EVIC everytime I started the car. The strange thing was that it kept giving this message on both Key Fobs I have. Then the last day, it was difficult to remotely lock and unlock the car, I had to press the buttons several times. Then when I went out of the car with the key in my pocket to put the skiis in the trunk the EVIC started giving the Key has Left the Vehicle Mesage and when I returned back it did not stop as usual, I had to restart the car instead.

Then I left the mountains and got back to Prague where I live and nothing happens anymore. The system works flawlessly as it did before the mountain trip. I also plugged in my OBDII reader and got the reading of the fault messages from the ECU - nothing. Any idea what this could be? First I thought that it could have been the low temperature in the mountains which required more power than usual. However, these days in Prague it is also freezing and nothing happens.

That is strange...I was thinking the fob battery as well but if it works properly now thats questionable.  Maybe in the mountains it was colder then you thought, or maybe your fob was in an outer pocket.  If it were me, I would change both FOB batteries anyway.  They dont cost much, are easy to change, and may be the answer.  Let us know....

i've had two journeys a 2011 and now a 2014 crossroad and both had acted a little strange when i traveled from alabama to las vegas which is a much drier climate and higher elevation and first time the locks and remotes acted up and the air conditioning would only come out the floor vents but then straightened out before i got back home and the last time my compass lost its sense of which way was east or west ,had to get my book out and found there is a way to reset it... oh well strange things happen when you put so many electronics and computers chips in these new fangled cars.also my  key fobs are hard on the batteries so i would do like fred said and replace, them less than about $6.  here in the U.S.  good luck and keep us posted with updates great to see and hear from members so far away.....

• 9 months later...