silenze

Rear hatch wont open

Anyone know if its possible to open the rear hatch from the inside?

My hatch wont open.  Doors lock and unlock just fine.  Handle on outside wont engage the latch.  

Have no idea why this is happening.

Probably not without removing the interior panel but tyevthe hatch would need to be open to remove it. Maybe there is some hidden access panel?

The handle has a cable connecting it to the latch - it is either disengaged or broken - the dealer probably has a way in.  If not, then they or you could wind up chopping through trim to gain access . . . . .

There is a small 'emergency' access panel on the inside of the liftgate trim, at the bottom center below the light. Pry it open with a small flat screwdriver. Inside is what looks like a large plastic screwhead that can be turned with a phillips or large flathead screwdriver to open the hatch.

2014_Journey_liftgate_access_01m.jpg

Edited by Milous

Hatch won't open again.  I suspect the same problem.  This is very annoying.

If its happening over again its either the latch is defective already and needs replacement... I have the same problem but on my driver side door...

this time it fixed itself after a few days.  i think it must be the cold  glad i dint have to crawl back there again.

Hello,    has anyone  fixed this problem ,and what was the part & part # for the cable or Lock actuator ? 

i will need to get this fixed .....curious how much the dealer / private mechanic wants $$  for this repair.......  and for the time being , i will do the screwdriver fix :) 

i would try lubing it up real good.  see if that works.  mine hasn't had a problem since winter.