No Hitch for my DJ? WTF

wutagoalie

Someone please enlighten me ,  I just purchased a 2016 DJ Crossroad.  I love it,  paid for the dealership to install me a trailer hitch.  They called me back today and notified me that Chrysler /Dodge doesn't have a Mopar hitch that will fit my vehicle, also tried after market hitches same thing.  The only way these hitches will fit, is to cut out a piece of my bumper.  FU

Does anyone have good news on this shitty subject?

Thanks

just installed a curt hitch on my 2014 crossroad , no big problem took about 2 hrs and i am an old fat man so would be easier for you young bucks....lol also had plenty of room between the hitch and the bottom of the rear facial and spare tire   so easy to google or go to amazon and enter 2015 journey class 3 tow hitch comes up with 13201 curt hitch $117.97 U.S. price  same one i installed ......so much for this shitty subject.......

Edited by 2late4u

just installed a curt hitch on my 2014 crossroad , no big problem took about 2 hrs and i am an old fat man so would be easier for you young bucks....lol also had plenty of room between the hitch and the bottom of the rear facial and spare tire

36 minutes ago, jkeaton said:

etrailer.com enter your info, even shows pics on a crossroad

Edited by 2late4u

So just an update to anyone thinking about installing a hitch on a 2016 or 2017 crossroad. As far as Chrysler dealerships and head office goes, they do not know of any hitch at the moment that will fit the crossroad, but they claim that mopar is in the works with it. 

I had to basically give them the etrailer link to order me a Curt hitch #13201 that will fit , the dealership felt a bit stupid at that point.

I will let everyone know once im set up.

Thanks for the info everyone!

3 hours ago, Camper said:

My dealer installed Mopar trailer hitch on my 2016 Croassroad with out any issue.

Hey Camper, are you positive its a mopar hitch, as I was on the phone with FCA /DCC head office and they have claimed they are still working on a design for a Mopar hitch.

How can one hand not know what the other is doing in this day and age of linked communication ? My dad also had a hitch installed at the dealer ( Chatham, Ontario) How embarrassing ! I would have loved to see their faces when the consumer has to show them where to get a hitch.