Dear All,

This isn't my first post, I have asked before about verifying the existence of a UConnect option of a changeover switch for a Fiat Freemont's headlights to be able to drive it legally both in Europe and the UK. That was a fruitless enquiry, no one could help in the end and the mystery of whether this functionality exists outside of the owners manual still isn't solved for me. It became irrelevant as when I bought the car a year ago, the dealer promised a cheap enough solution.

I have now been assigned back to the UK from Poland where I bought my Dodge Journey in its Italian suit. Problem is, to import it, it needs to pass a technical inspection and currently, the lights point the wrong way. I asked when I bought the car and was told that for about $400 equivalent the RHD lights were readily available and a breeze to fit. Now, 1 year later, I go to buy them and the Polish dealer is claiming that this was never the case.

In desperation I have trawled numerous sites and other forums and I have found the ePER here: http://212.41.221.85:7082/navi?SGRP_COD=1&MOD_COD=345&COMM_MODEL=FRM&SBMK=F&COUNTRY=99&DRIVE=S&MAKE=F&CAT_COD=24&GRP_COD=554&SGS_COD=55401-010&LANGUAGE=3&ALL_FIG=0&RMODE=DEFAULT&KEY=PARTDRAWDATA&EPER_CAT=SP&GUI_LANG=3&ALL_LIST_PART=0&PRINT_MODE=0&PREVIOUS_KEY=SUBGROUP_7&SB_CODE=-1&WINDOW_ID=1&ALL_LIST_PART=0 (which may be of some wider use to DJ owners)

I think part numbers K05067786AC and K05067787AC may be what I need (they are the only ones listed on Australian and Irish sites) but - at over $1000USD equivalent - I want to be absolutely sure.

The Polish dealer doesn't have a clue, or care, and just wants my money - can make me a special order but no returns.

UK Fiat dealer is telling me that there is nothing available for my production year and to give up (not an option)

The central customer helpline just directs me to speak to a parts department at useless dealers.

Australia doesn't have an email and is asleep when I am awake - I have asked in a Australia forum.

Japan... well... have you tried to read it?

Aftermarket option is half the price but lots of risk (both because of the nightmare stories of poor quality and because it might fail at import inspection)

Can any on the Gurus on here give me a clue:

1. Will the fittings for K05067786AC and K05067787AC definitely match the current set: K05067786AD and K05067787AD? Will they work?

2. What do the last 2 designators on the Mopar parts mean - do they give me any clues?

3. What are Line B vehicles as opposed to Line C & D vehicles? - I have seen references to this when differentiating between part numbers

4. How simple is it to change internal workings to make the lights RHD legal?

Any, any other help with this would be greatly appreciated. I'm posted in 4 weeks so if something has got to come from a long way away, I am already cutting it close.

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

if you're heading to the UK, you could check some breakers yards for parts for the Dodge Journey that Chrysler stopped selling in the UK in 2010.  Its possible they'll fit (design  looks very similar IIRC) but you could probably drive in there and check the compatibility before handing over cash? Try http://www.chryslerbreakers.co.uk/ for example.

You could also take a look at the http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/ to see if the catalog contains similar references to the Fiat website? Not sure if helpful or not...

Alternatively, and temporarily, you can buy stick-on beam deflectors that will allow you to drive the car in the UK - same as every tourist fits to their car when they cross the English Channel.  I doubt you have to register / test the car immediately upon arrival in UK (but I could be wrong!)

No need to panic just yet, I think..

• 2 months later...
On 29/12/2016 at 11:07 PM, JohnnyRevs said:

if you're heading to the UK, you could check some breakers yards for parts for the Dodge Journey that Chrysler stopped selling in the UK in 2010.  Its possible they'll fit (design  looks very similar IIRC) but you could probably drive in there and check the compatibility before handing over cash? Try http://www.chryslerbreakers.co.uk/ for example.

You could also take a look at the http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/ to see if the catalog contains similar references to the Fiat website? Not sure if helpful or not...

Alternatively, and temporarily, you can buy stick-on beam deflectors that will allow you to drive the car in the UK - same as every tourist fits to their car when they cross the English Channel.  I doubt you have to register / test the car immediately upon arrival in UK (but I could be wrong!)

No need to panic just yet, I think..

i know its a bit off topic...Any suggestions where to buy a bug deflector here in UK for a Dodge Journey?

6 hours ago, jkeaton said:

Can you not buy stuff online in the U.K.? Amazon, eBay, probably half a dozen other online retailers sell them. 

Unfortunately not in the UK, no hood/bonnet deflectors available for sale here even for shipping..its all in your continent...not on my side...and it cost a fortune shipping it here around $250.00

5 hours ago, jkeaton said:

I've been to that ebay site as well but no hood deflectors..just the windows and sunroof only... thanks for the help though...

Original Poster here,

I ended up paying £££ for these parts:

·         K05067786AC

·         K05067787AC

As I wanted to be absolutely sure of an MOT pass and simply couldn't find anyone at the time breaking a RHD DJ or Fiat Freemont (The latter would be miraculous). They worked, correct RHD Beam pattern, clear pass.

Car is now permanently registered and apparently the only one in the UK... The insurer had to insure it as a DJ with a note on the file.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread so I was reminded to update it.

• 6 months later...