Key not detected all the time

My 2011 Dodge Journey has been giving me issues with the proximity key. When walking to the vehicle it rarely works where I can simply touch the handle for it to unlock. Sometimes it does but most of the time it doesn't. To unlock it I have to press the unlock button twenty or so times. Sometimes I have to do that and touch the handle at the same time to wake up the system. No matter where the key is in the vehicle it never detects it so I have to start the car by pushing the button with the key. When running if I open any door and close it it will alert me that the key is not detected. I have to shut the car off and restart it to make it go away. Sometimes I can lock the car by pushing the button on the handle but just like the unlock feature, this rarely works. I may have to press the lock button multiple times to make it work. If I try to push the lock button on the door panel and close the door it will chirp the horn and unlock forcing me to have to push the lock button multiple times. I have replaced the key with a brand new factory fob and still no change.  The only difference between the two keys is the older one says the battery is low no matter how many new batteries I put in it. The new key has only given me a low battery warning once. The dealer can't figure it out either but that's not surprising. They can't rotate tires properly either. Anyone know the fix?

Has the dealer tried another new fob?  And if it isn't the fob, it'll probably be the receiver.  I suspect the fobs may well be the problem because the phantom low battery signal only shows up on one of the two you have.  I could, of course be wrong and it might be a bad receiver . . . . .