Adjust brake pedal height ???

PIX530

Got into situation where DJ is our first car where my wife with small foot cant drive it nicely.

She got many cars before and never ever had any issues.

So the problem is that brake pedal position is much higher than gas pedal, so to push brake pedal she has to take her foot completely in the air.

This is absolutely inconvenient and unsafe.

Asked friend who has DJ for years, he has big foot size, but he mentioned same issue for his wife.

I am seriously looking for ways to lower/adjust brake pedal position. Dealer told me this is impossible.

• 5 months later...

I'm having the same problem and I did test drive mine. It's not so noticeable until you drive it for awhile. I'm actually having severe knee pain and it's  no joke. I'm currently looking into have pedal extensions installed to see if that will help. I think it can be adjusted so the transition from gas to brake should be easier. Look on Amazon for gas pedal extender kit. https://www.amazon.com/Auto-Pedal-Extenders-Brake-Sourceone-mobility/dp/B0198VE4YO

Edited by Diana

• 2 years later...

I test drove and have the same problem with my 2016. I didn't notice it until several consecutive hours of driving when my ankle started to ache. It is the brake pedal is way too high. Basically, I'm having to flex my foot too hard to move from the gas to reach the brake. And I wear a size 7 shoe so not extremely small either. I've tried adjusting the seat but then I can't reach the gas and steering wheel comfortably. It's too bad there are always a**clowns trolling for someone to insult in order to temporarily boost their fragile ego rather than trying to help. 

Edited by libertymama

well thats a great way to get advice by calling names from whom you want help...to be honest their isn't much can be done if the pedal height is not to your liking. i use to work for Chrysler in St Louis and drove the vans off the line and to be honest the ones with adjustable  pedals that CAN be ordered(and to be honest might could be redone at the dealership but u am certain the cost would be extremely high) had a feel to them that i didnt like dont know if it was the angle or just the pressure feel when using them..good luck finding a fix for your problem

13 hours ago, libertymama said:

I test drove and have the same problem with my 2016. I didn't notice it until several consecutive hours of driving when my ankle started to ache. It is the brake pedal is way too high. Basically, I'm having to flex my foot too hard to move from the gas to reach the brake. And I wear a size 7 shoe so not extremely small either. I've tried adjusting the seat but then I can't reach the gas and steering wheel comfortably. It's too bad there are always a**clowns trolling for someone to insult in order to temporarily boost their fragile ego rather than trying to help. 

LOL....You certainly are a keeper! Maybe only use the brake pedal when you need it instead of using it as a foot rest....lol