3rd row

I disagree. Have my son on 3rd row happy - he is size of small adult.

Had my father-in-law on 3rd row - he was pretty happy - he is above average size.

I have car seat on 2nd row.

The issue I observe is how my mother and father in-law exit and enter the car - it seems like a pain for me. Mean from 2nd row. I just cant watch this - seems very uncomfortable.

This is one thing I would better have minivan for.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2016 at 5:21 PM, Kaye Millsap Hartford said:

i wanna know is it possible add a 3rd row? i have a journey 2010 SLT and adding to our family soon will be nice add the 3rd but i don't know is it possible?

do you have a suggestion? If so where to look?

While it is possible to add the third row seating, there are a lot of pieces affected.  Beside the seating itself, there are the rear plastic trim panels on both sides of the cargo area that need replaced.  In addition to that, there is the addition of seat belts for the third row and then the second row seating must fold up to allow access to the third row.  The seats that are in the second row, actually have the mechanism built in, but you'd need the handles and trim pieces to allow it to function.

I'm sure it could be done, just know what you're getting into before you start the project....and as someone already mentioned, having a donor vehicle really helps as long as all interior colors and fabrics match and have faded at the same rate as your vehicle.

Happy Motoring.....

• 10 months later...

Year old post being revived...interesting. Regardless of size, it's nice to have that third row. If anything you can fit two kids comfortably, or one full size adult sitting a little sideways (for leg room). Plenty of head room back there, and the seats do slide up to make it easier to get back there. In competitors cars you have to climb, twist, and shimmy your way back there.

• 2 months later...