*****I'VE GOT MY VIN**********

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob,

I apologize, I feel like that was rubbing salt in your Journey "wounds"

I'm pulling for you & your new car with every post I read about your ordeal

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: No worries, I think I have the longest order here yet :hysterical:

Taking all in good stride now ( what else can I do)

I am glad you are getting your ride right away, good on ya!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting the e-mail too.

I think I will copy it, add my own name, and mail it to me :hysterical:

Rob

Had to cancel my order from mar 24th.....as they said it would not be built......decided to move up to the SXT model....dealer actually found one near by with all the options i wanted...only thing is its the wrong color....anyone have a bright silver metallic out there....I wanted white but silver may have to do....anyone seen the silver how does it look??????

Well I finally got an answer. When I emailed them on the 16th of May, they sent an automated resonce saying in 3-4 days I will have an answer :hysterical:

ORIGINAL LETTER

Brief Description:

after 9 weeks, where is my car?

Comments:

I ordered a fully loaded SXT AWD 2009 Dodge Journey March 14th 2008 and

had

a Shiiping date of April 23rd. Still no car after today (9th week)

Dealer

says it is in code D1 D1 means it is,.. D1 – gateline: plant has

sequenced

the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned. I contacted the

dealer through e-mail and if the car is not in by the 10th week we will

just cancel the order. Please contact us either through phone or e-mail

with the status of this order Thank you for your attention to this

matter Robert (the unhappy customer)

NOT TOO BAD,........ IF IT CAME BY PONY EXPRESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX:

Thank you for your email of May 16th, 2008.

We understand your disappointment regarding the delivery time of your

2009 Dodge Journey; however, Chrysler Canada cannot guarantee delivery

dates due to the number of variable factors involved in the lead time of

vehicle production and transportation. Information regarding specific

orders is available to dealers. It is subsequently their responsibility

to keep their customers apprised of both Chrysler's and their

dealership's efforts regarding a vehicle contract. As such, please

remain in contact with the Sales Manager at your Chrysler dealership in

order to review the status of your new vehicle order.

While we regret that we cannot provide a more favourable reply, we

appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

NOTE: Please do not use the 'Reply' function of your email. If you have

a need to respond to this, please visit us at our reply form (link

provided below). Our system is NOT able to accept any emails at this

address.

Rob

well stopped by the Dealer today and guess what,....

ORDER STATUS,... F

It's being painted woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooo :happy feet:

salesmanager said once it gets built and on it's way, he will update me more often as he knows how excited/frustrated we are.

GOD DANG IT!!!!!!!! that's the best news I've had in a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob

Glad to hear that news! I hope your patience gets a good reward at the end.

Thanks guys, I would have kissed the salesmanager ( in a non homophobic way) I was very happy to hear this news.

I Just hate waiting, what a emotional roller coaster ride of ups and downs it has been so far

Ya Nicetrip you should be getting yours built soon too.

Rob

well stopped by the Dealer today and guess what,....

ORDER STATUS,... F

It's being painted woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooo :happy feet:

salesmanager said once it gets built and on it's way, he will update me more often as he knows how excited/frustrated we are.

GOD DANG IT!!!!!!!! that's the best news I've had in a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob

Great news! Now your Journey will be here before you know it! Congrats, its been a long time coming.

Katz

Good to hear this Rob. What a Soap Opera this is turning out to be. I keep looking at this site to see the latest twist and turn. Maybe CTV would be interested for their next Sit Com.

Anyway I think the long wait will be worth it in the end. Still not many on the roads yet. So far I saw one Black R/T ahead of me on the highway and of course we waved, sort of like motorcycles passing.

All the best Rob!

Keith

Good to hear this Rob. What a Soap Opera this is turning out to be. I keep looking at this site to see the latest twist and turn. Maybe CTV would be interested for their next Sit Com.

Anyway I think the long wait will be worth it in the end. Still not many on the roads yet. So far I saw one Black R/T ahead of me on the highway and of course we waved, sort of like motorcycles passing.

All the best Rob!

Keith

Hey Thanks Keith & Katz!!!! Yes "Soap Opera"

IT IS BUILT!!!!!!! OMG!!!! GIDDY UP!!!!!!

yes, I so very F@#$king excited sorry for the enthusiasm!!!!!!!!!!!

for those who want to know. If you go to the recall site (dodge .ca then "for owners, then to recall information) and type in your VIN # and it comes up as "not a Valid VIN", this means it is N O T built yet. Today, ours came up as an SXT AWD Hatchback. Last night it was an invalid VIN. This is for Canadian customers only as you can't check on status of the order in Canada other than the dealer, TRUST ME, I have tried soooooooooo hard. I figured this out for myself and now pass it onto you other Buyers here in Canada.

I am going to stoip by the dealer tomorrow and tell them it is built, when do we get it!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet::happy feet::happy feet::happy feet:

OH BY THE WAY, I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! where is the wife :hysterical:

Rob

I can see it now - you are walking around the showroom passing out cigars to all the other expectant Journey folks...lol Congrats - I hope it gets there soon.

While I am very happy for Rob, I am frustrated beyond words that my car is here....kind of... and I don't have it.

The car is in New Jersey in a storage lot, waiting for enough cars to fill a delivery truck for the trip up to NW Connecticut.

So close... yet.....

While I am very happy for Rob, I am frustrated beyond words that my car is here....kind of... and I don't have it.

The car is in New Jersey in a storage lot, waiting for enough cars to fill a delivery truck for the trip up to NW Connecticut.

So close... yet.....

WOO HOO!!! My brother, a mechanic at the dealership, called to say that the car was dropped off yesterday and is being prepped. Pickup is either tomorrow or Saturday.

I'm thinking that due to schedules, we may actually have to wait until Saturday....

But at least the car is no longer in Bayone...

WOO HOO!!! My brother, a mechanic at the dealership, called to say that the car was dropped off yesterday and is being prepped. Pickup is either tomorrow or Saturday.

I'm thinking that due to schedules, we may actually have to wait until Saturday....

But at least the car is no longer in Bayone...

WOO HOO WOO HOO!

Saturday 10:00 AM - they need to install the beckup sensor system and the mudguards along with regular prep

well stopped by the dealer after work and the Salesmanager says "Hey Rob" accross the floor :hysterical:

pretty bad when even the sexitary knows my first name.

anyhow,.... this is part of the "Vehicle Shipment Status and History

ROUTE MOVEMENTS.................................EVENT DATE............................LOCATION

Scheduled for build (D1)...........................05/15/2008 07:47AM.................Toluca Assembly EM

Plant release (KZ)....................................06/03/2008 06:35PM.................Toluca Assembly EM

On Hold...................................................06/04/2008 08:41AM.................Toluca Assembly EM

In Bay at Facility......................................06/05/2008 12:00PM..................Toluca Assembly EM

Loaded on Railcar.....................................06/05/2008 12:51PM..................Toluca Assembly EM

CURRENT

Departed Facility.......................................06/05/2008 12:55PM...................Toluca Assembly EM

FUTURE

Railcar - Interchanged...............................06/08/2008 08:35AM.................Laredo Texas

Railcar - Interchanged...............................06/14/2008 10:35PM.................Chicago IL

Railcar - Interchanged...............................06/15/2008 10:35PM..................Chicago IL

Railcar Placed at Destination Facility............06/23/2008 04:00AM..................Edmonton (Cloverbar) AB

Unloaded From Railcar...............................06/23/2008 04:00PM..................Edmonton (Cloverbar) AB

Vehicle Delivered to Dealer........................06/26/2008 04:00AM.................Sherwood Park D C J AB

so as you can see, it is coming soon So maybe have it for Canada Day long weekend

Funny the salesmanager was just excited as I was :hysterical:

well stopped by the dealer after work and the Salesmanager says "Hey Rob" accross the floor :hysterical:

ROUTE MOVEMENTS EVENT DATE LOCATION

Scheduled for build (D1) 05/15/2008 07:47AM Toluca Assembly EM

Plant release (KZ) 06/03/2008 06:35PM Toluca Assembly EM

On Hold 06/04/2008 08:41AM Toluca Assembly EM

In Bay at Facility 06/05/2008 12:00PM Toluca Assembly EM

Loaded on Railcar 06/05/2008 12:51PM Toluca Assembly EM

CURRENT

Departed Facility 06/05/2008 12:55PM Toluca Assembly EM

FUTURE

Railcar - Interchanged 06/08/2008 08:35AM Laredo Texas

Railcar - Interchanged 06/14/2008 10:35PM Chicago IL

Railcar - Interchanged 06/15/2008 10:35PM Chicago IL

Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 06/23/2008 04:00AM Edmonton (Cloverbar) AB

Unloaded From Railcar 06/23/2008 04:00PM Edmonton (Cloverbar) AB

Vehicle Delivered to Dealer 06/26/2008 04:00AM Sherwood Park D C J AB

so as you can see, it is coming soon So maybe have it for Canada Day long weekend

16 days to get to you seems so long, I always thought trains were fast but after your long waite 16 days will fly bye. It also looks like it took 19 days to build counting weekends.

Rob how long did it take from D status to D1. Thanks Brenda

ROUTE MOVEMENTS.................................EVENT DATE............................LOCATION

Scheduled for build (D1)...........................05/15/2008 07:47AM.................Toluca Assembly EM

Plant release (KZ)....................................06/03/2008 06:35PM.................Toluca Assembly EM

On Hold...................................................06/04/2008 08:41AM.................Toluca Assembly EM

In Bay at Facility......................................06/05/2008 12:00PM..................Toluca Assembly EM

Loaded on Railcar.....................................06/05/2008 12:51PM..................Toluca Assembly EM

CURRENT

Departed Facility.......................................06/05/2008 12:55PM...................Toluca Assembly EM

FUTURE

Railcar - Interchanged...............................06/08/2008 08:35AM.................Laredo Texas

Railcar - Interchanged...............................06/14/2008 10:35PM.................Chicago IL

Railcar - Interchanged...............................06/15/2008 10:35PM..................Chicago IL

Railcar Placed at Destination Facility............06/23/2008 04:00AM..................Edmonton (Cloverbar) AB

Unloaded From Railcar...............................06/23/2008 04:00PM..................Edmonton (Cloverbar) AB

Vehicle Delivered to Dealer........................06/26/2008 04:00AM.................Sherwood Park D C J AB

such a long time from scheduled to build and leaving plant. I admire your patience, sir. Here's to hoping that there are no glitches in the delivery

16 days to get to you seems so long, I always thought trains were fast but after your long waite 16 days will fly bye. It also looks like it took 19 days to build counting weekends.

Rob how long did it take from D status to D1. Thanks Brenda

Brenda, Our Journey was in D status forever. Ordered March 14th, April 7th it went to D (VIN was issued) and May 15th it went to D1 but took another 3 weeks after that to build

ya 16 sleeps is nothing now, hopefully it won't come damaged like Roxanne's did

Rob

WOW, what a "journey" you've been on just trying to get a Journey!! I feel very blessed...ordered mine April 23 and was told it would take 10 weeks and it arrived today, only 6 weeks later! It's just too bad I won't be able to see it for another 2 weeks because I ordered it through a dealer where I used to live and I wasn't initially expecting it for another 4 weeks so I can't make the trip for a couple more weeks.

Glad to hear it's finally on it's way!

• 2 weeks later...
update for all who are watching this thread,

CURRENT......06/12/08......... On Rail - Valley JCT, IL.

it's half way home :happy feet:

Rob

Better hope the flooding doesnt wash away the rail line-lots of diversions going on down there because of washouts

Better hope the flooding doesnt wash away the rail line-lots of diversions going on down there because of washouts

thank you for the heads up and after some digging,...

Customer Bulletin: Update 4 - Line Outage - Watertown Subdivision, Wisconsin

High water levels and adverse weather continue to impact segments of Canadian Pacific's rail line between Portage, WI and Milwaukee, WI, along our Minneapolis to Chicago corridor. CP train operations in this area remain suspended. CP is staging some trains and rerouting other trains around the affected area, where possible.

CP personnel will be inspecting the rail line in the affected areas after flood waters recede. This may not occur for several days. Given the current rate at which flood waters are rising and the unpredictable weather patterns in the region, full operational recovery cannot be predicted at this time. Additionally, the flooding is now impacting many other transportation alternatives in the region and as a consequence CP is taking the following actions:

1. Canadian Pacific is declaring that an event of Force Majeure has occurred. This declaration was effective 00:30am, June 10th, 2008. If you have any questions about your specific commercial agreement, please contact your Account Manager.

2. We are issuing embargoes on selected traffic, from, to and through the affected area to help manage fluidity. These will be posted separately on our website. A permitting process to provide some limited relief will be made available as soon as possible.

It is our intention to keep you posted regularly on the flood situation, the rail operation and the status of any embargoes.

we will see in a week what the update is I guess, yes "what a Journey to get our Journey"

Rob