*****I'VE GOT MY VIN**********

Rob... Yes Hang in there. I agree with Rick. We are all behind you on this.

I know I want be happy either if this kind of thing happens to me.

D1 is better than just D. This means your are very close to getting the thing built. Shipping is the thing that takes so long since it comes from Mexico. I hope they can put the thing on a plane for you instead of trucking it up to you.

Shipping isn't going to be as bad for me since it shows that we are about 200 miles from the Mexico plant the Journey is being built at.

I would think my shipping time should only be 3 days tops. I would think it would only be a day but you never know with these guys.

I will be trying to find out what my status is by Wed.

Have a good trip -- even if it is work.

Seth

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, thanks guys, I am trying to hang in there, trust me.

I am back now as of noon Friday. Worked 16 hrs on Tuesday, 15 1/2 on Wednesday and 14 on Thursday. Came home after the 2 hour drive and said to work SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!! I taking off early. Feeling woozy and out of the norm routine but I figure it is from all the hard hours.

ANYHOW!!!!!!!!!

Update, stopped by the dealer this morning on my way home and the salesman was not in, the salesmanager was not in so then then asked for the store manager,.... he's not in either. She (the receptionist asked what was it about and I said the 09 journey on order for the last 10 weeks she interrupts and says it normally takes this long. I was nice and agreed with her but why is my VIN Invalid now and my shipp date was April 23rd. She has really nice eyes when they are wide open :hysterical: all she said was............oh. So still waiting for my phone call from either of them???????????????????????????

Wife is away running errands and we will discuss the future of our Journey.

Rob

PS WOW was it ever nice to click on the "new posts" button and have a FULL page of reading. A bunch of new owners and Jay is ready to Order Keith has his, Roxie (missing you ) has an issue with the DVD. The Dark Nav/DVD screen issue Rick's is just about there. Glad to hear Keith that it handles "like on rails" in the rail.

Sure glad to be back

new ship date, June 4th

Deal is scrapped,

Rob I am sorry to here this news. I know how you feel mine hs only been since May 2nd and I going crazy. The funny thing was when I was trying to find my journey none around here in denver with any options I wanted. Yesterday I recived a call from one of the dealers I visted they just got in a fully loaded RT/AWD - the family vaule group. I have already placed my order and signed that if I cancel for anyreason I will give up my deposit. I tried using that as lerverage with new Dealer to see if they would pay or reduce another $500.00 no deal I also would loose my costco discount. So here I sit week two in D status.

Maybe its a western Canada thing.....I ordered my loaded (without the nav) on Mar 24th....Dealer called 3 weeks ago says that its built...I called last week and they can't find it...hasn't been shipped yet, said he will get back to me...haven't heard from him in a week.....maybe mine fell off the truck with your Rob.....60 days waiting today

Maybe its a western Canada thing.....I ordered my loaded (without the nav) on Mar 24th....Dealer called 3 weeks ago says that its built...I called last week and they can't find it...hasn't been shipped yet, said he will get back to me...haven't heard from him in a week.....maybe mine fell off the truck with your Rob.....60 days waiting today

Hey Lagers, where did you order yours from? Also what was the last 6 digits of your VIN? mine is/was 208467 and the next one behind me (#68) is also invalid,...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No phone call from dealer yet, says he is trying to locate one for us

maybe that was it because he said he could not find the serial number last week.....3 weeks ago he said it would be here by the end of the month.....I will see if i can get my VIN number tomorrow

Ya Lagers sure makes you wonder don't it? Keep me posted for your VIN. I have to stop by the dealer tomorrow and see what he has found. I have a mind to wait for this one I had on order just to see if the VIN is what it was suppose to be and to see what is offered for "compensation". I just may just to see some back pedalling.

If he has something for us, great if not, I'll wait.

Hey great idea by the way dencord123!!! Can anyone in the States please check my VIN for me, the last 8#'s are 9T208467 ????

Rob

well after a long talk with the "Store Manager". The Journey will remain on order. The status is still D1. Western Canada gets the worst for delieveries as for the density in population. Also the Flexable seating group is on restriction cause the supplier is unable to meet the demand. Hense, slower production. The Manager also mentioned that because our Journey is in D1 we will have the car shortly, just to be patient, he wants to sell the car to us just as bad as we want it, his hands are tied.

I also asked about tracking the Journey online, and he said he is unable to give me the tracking #. We would have to sign onto the Chrysler website and it is a security risk issue. He said to check in every Friday and either he or my salesman will gladly check for updates.

He found out I am a Journey member on a website and I have a binder full of info. Also told him it was going to be called the "CREW" and it was changed just before production to the "Journey". He did not know that so as an added bonus, he gave me all the literture he had on the Journey.

A DVD "3 minute drill"

Also a pocket guide to the Journey with competitor comparisons

all in all a very calming visit, so the order is still on

Rob

well after a long talk with the "Store Manager". The Journey will remain on order. The status is still D1. Western Canada gets the worst for delieveries as for the density in population. Also the Flexable seating group is on restriction cause the supplier is unable to meet the demand. Hense, slower production. The Manager also mentioned that because our Journey is in D1 we will have the car shortly, just to be patient, he wants to sell the car to us just as bad as we want it, his hands are tied.

I also asked about tracking the Journey online, and he said he is unable to give me the tracking #. We would have to sign onto the Chrysler website and it is a security risk issue. He said to check in every Friday and either he or my salesman will gladly check for updates.

He found out I am a Journey member on a website and I have a binder full of info. Also told him it was going to be called the "CREW" and it was changed just before production to the "Journey". He did not know that so as an added bonus, he gave me all the literture he had on the Journey.

A DVD "3 minute drill"

Also a pocket guide to the Journey with competitor comparisons

all in all a very calming visit, so the order is still on

Rob

Rob did you gry a different Vin from him. Or is it still the same

Rob did you gry a different Vin from him. Or is it still the same

The original VIN (9T208467) shows up on his screen as being good. I think when you type in the VIN in the recall area the vehicle is built or going to be built but not invoiced to the dealer, maybe.

That's is another thing he said was he does not have an invoice yet from the plant.

Rob

I stubled on this, this is VERY interesting

went to the recall information to type in the VIN # 9T208467 which is the last 8 numbers of our VIN # and guess what happens,....

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/...%2Findex_en.jsp

now type in your VIN #

let me know the results pleas

Seems like 2 VIN# are like WTF

9T208466 SXT AWD

9T208467 Is Not A Valid VIN <------------ OURS

9T208468 Is Not A Valid VIN

9T208469 Good VIN R/T AWD

also interesting the first VIN I found was 9T138035 with a recall as well as 9T138050

"Drive Plate Bolts"

Rob

hey, just thought I would show you guys this, the VIN # 9T208468 is now a vailid VIN and a Jouney now exists. I think this means the car is not built yet if it shows "not a valid VIN"

VIN Number:

3D4GH57V2 9T208468

Vehicle Description:

DODGE JOURNEY SXT AWD HATCHBACK Model Year:

No Incomplete Recalls or Customer Satisfaction Notifications Exist

so ours is still showing Not a valid VIN, I think I will keep a close eye on this and just see what happens in the next few days,....interesting.

Hey everyone, I picked up my Journey on May 23rd, but I had to replace my shingles all weekend by myself!!!!

Needless to say, standing on top of my house looking down on that brand new vehicle with 18 Km on the clock and not being able to go for a nice drive was tough!!

Oh well, the roof is done, I am burnt to a crisp, and can barely walk....Not to mention the massive amount of mosquito and black fly bites all over me!!! We did all go to the Dairy Queen for a drive with the kids. They were so excited!!

I am very impressed with the vehicle, especially the Nav system. I am not familiar with the portable systems, but I played around with this one and if you set a destination in town, and take a different route, it will re calculate the route instead of telling you to "make a U-Turn" or "you are not on the correct road.

There are a few issues with the settings that I will get into later, but other than that the U-connect works flawlessly, other than almost dialing 911 a few times by mistake!!!!

Rob, I am glad to hear that you are still going ahead with your order, you will be glad you did.

I see there are a few new members, welcome to all.

I will try to catch up to all the new posts from the weekend through the week.

Rick.

Sorry to hear your Journey is further delayed Rob, but it sure sounds like they had to start over and rebuild yours. That is no doubt a good thing if there was a major problem with the orginal VIN. My VIN ends with 436 so it was only 31 vehicles ahead of yours and it has been in my driveway for a week and a half now.

I still haven't seen another Journey on the road since I received mine. I may have to take a trip up the Valley to see Snow_Runner's besides my roof could do with new shingles as well and since he is experienced!!!

By the way, the recommended air pressure is 24 LBs but mine came with 33 LBs which is approximately what I would run anyway. I plan to switch to Nitrogen in the near future at which time I will run at 34 LBs pressure. I run Nitrogen in my Grand Caravan and the pressure stays constant for at least a year.

It sounds like your dealer is doing everything possible Rob so hang in there.

Keith

Well after waiting for 64 days for my loaded SE I called the dealer and they told me that they will not make my car because there is not enough interest. I'm guessing its the SE with flex seating. So after 9 weeks I got nothing.....I'm pissed...

Thanks Rick and Keith I guess I lost the gentlemans bet I came in last place hell, I never even was in the race :hysterical: , you 2 took off out of the gates and ended the race and my ol mare is still in the gates :hysterical3:

see blab about the car Rick and you get all burnt up, serves you right hehehe :slapfight: Did you eat your icecream or use it as a cooling lotion ;-)

Well after waiting for 64 days for my loaded SE I called the dealer and they told me that they will not make my car because there is not enough interest. I'm guessing its the SE with flex seating. So after 9 weeks I got nothing.....I'm pissed...

Hey Lagers, I think I am onto something.

first of all If it is an order, it will be built. they just don't say "cause there is not enough interest" in the vehicle. They build them in any rate meaning SE then R/T AWD then SXT AXD then SE and then they go through.

here is a sample

R/T AWD

SXT AWD

SXT AWD

R/T AWD

SXT AWD

SXT AWD

SXT FWD

SE FWD

SE FWD

R/T FWD

so as you can see, they are all over the place when they build

I have been really digging for information and doing some homework.

I went to the recall site and one of the VIN #s is now built. I have a list of 64 cars now 63 that I am watching out of 600 cars

Lagers, PM me your VIN, I am now figuring where abouts in production they are. I am excited as it keeps my mind off of waiting for the car. I am also working on deciffering(sp) the VIN #s like 3D4GG57V69TXXXXXX means

Like others have said to me, "Hang in there" and you know I know exactly how you feel. I went back to the dealer and said I will wait for the order cause of the great deal he gave me. I figure if I cancel, I have to start all over again.

Rob

sorry to hear that, I did send you a PM though I was typing it as you replied here

Rob

Rob,

I am glad to here you are sticking with this. You have been waiting longer than me and I am going crazy.

I sent a PM with my Vin#. Let me know if you need more or if you even got the message?

I hope you have luck in sorting this out. I also have the 5+2 seating and am wondering if it or something else is holding up the order.

Seth

Sorry to hear your Journey is further delayed Rob, but it sure sounds like they had to start over and rebuild yours. That is no doubt a good thing if there was a major problem with the orginal VIN. My VIN ends with 436 so it was only 31 vehicles ahead of yours and it has been in my driveway for a week and a half now.

I still haven't seen another Journey on the road since I received mine. I may have to take a trip up the Valley to see Snow_Runner's besides my roof could do with new shingles as well and since he is experienced!!!

By the way, the recommended air pressure is 24 LBs but mine came with 33 LBs which is approximately what I would run anyway. I plan to switch to Nitrogen in the near future at which time I will run at 34 LBs pressure. I run Nitrogen in my Grand Caravan and the pressure stays constant for at least a year.

It sounds like your dealer is doing everything possible Rob so hang in there.

Keith

my sxt has sticker on windshield," Nitro Safe by Symtech, this vehicle rides on nitrogen"

my sxt has sticker on windshield," Nitro Safe by Symtech, this vehicle rides on nitrogen"

Hey Duradan, that is very interesting now is it Nitrogen shocks or nitrogen in the tires hmmmmmmmmm interesting

Rob

Seth I sent you a PM buddy

For more information about nitrogen use, please visit www.getnitrogen.org.

Hey Duradan, that is very interesting now is it Nitrogen shocks or nitrogen in the tires hmmmmmmmmm interesting

Rob

Seth I sent you a PM buddy

For more information about nitrogen use, please visit www.getnitrogen.org.

Rob,

Thanks for the reply. When my salerep first called me with my VIN, 2 1/2 weeks ago, you supplied me with the list of codes. I called him back and asked what the status code was. It was 'D' -- which means assigned a serial code. I thought that meant the VIN. That day I went to the Owner's site and plugged the VIN in on the recall area. It came up with the R/T. I too thought that meant mine was built. I checked this past Sat. and it is still just in 'D' status. I didn't get a chance to call today but I will tomorrow. Maybe it means it is just a frame waiting to go down the assembly line to get the rest done. I hope so.

I just wish they would give us a web site where we could check ourselves.

Also, 2 weeks ago I checked with the free car-fax site and it had my car already listed. I could have paid money to get more info. I didn't want to do that.

Well I go on vacation next week so I will have to keep the car rental reservation. Wish I had my Journey.

I will update everyone tomorrow on the status code.

Seth

Woo Hoo!!!

3D4GH57V29TXXXXXX

Dealer says that delivery is scheduled for May 30th. The car is currently is at storage lot in the Greater Newark NJ area. They are waiting to get a full trucks worth of vehicles before it gets delivered to the dealer. So if the truck is not full of vehicles for local dealers by Friday, then the car sits until there are enough cars.... <Heavy Sigh>

Then once at the dealer, we're having mud flaps and Park Distance Sensors installed, so a bit longer delay.

here's the e-mail from the dealer...

Good morning LBD-CT,

Your vehicle has an estimated date of delivery of May 30th. We’ll keep our fingers crossed that it arrives on or before that date for delivery this month.

Your VIN number is 3D4GH57V29TXXXXXX.

Chrysler’s final invoice has been received, it reads $25,895 and not $25,665 as originally displayed. The $230 difference includes finalized marketing adjustments for the ’09 model year.

The factory invoice/buyer’s order can be faxed to either you or <our finance company> if necessary.

Using the pricing structure from <LBD's Brother> employee pricing, it works out as follows: $25,895.00 invoice

- $750.00 Five Star Employee discount

+ $75.00 Administration fee

+ $289.00 dealer conveyance fee

+ $1,530.54 CT Sales Tax

+ $100.00 Transfer fee of current CT Plates and Registration (including emissions fee)

- $1,000.00 Chrysler rebate

- $500.00 deposit (ck # 1234)

Leaving an unpaid balance of $25,639.54 which will be paid from a combination of funds from you and your <Finance Company>financing.

I got the dealer to give me a break on the park sensors to offset the 2009 $230 marketing adjustment that no one was aware of.

Our financing is coming in at 4.6% for 60 months, not through the dealer

and our insurance is being quoted at $969 for every 6 months.

That seems a bit high, but I can revisit that later. Since the recent death of the minivan, being a one car family has been a big strain.