*****I'VE GOT MY VIN**********

Hey Angie, weird how the previous vehicles are similar!! I would guess that you are in Ontario? If so, I am 99% sure that the OPP have the right to ticket for tinted windows, however I understand that they usually only use that to allow them to pull over a suspisious vehicle.

That way they can justify the reason for pulling the vehicle over.

Around here, I only know of one person that had an issue, and I think it had more to do with his attitude that the officer.

Rob, BTW I hope your snow storm ends soon!!! :poke:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Rob, and Keith....Satrt your engines!!

I ordered mine on March 31st.

My ship date is April 24th as well, same as Keith, and my VIN is 3D4GH57V99T208XXX

Let's see if Keith watches mine drive down the Hwy 17, or vica-versa!!!!!!!!!! :banvictory:

It seems as though they are waiting for enough orders to justify a "train ride" to Canada!!

Rick.

Well Rob, and Keith....Satrt your engines!!

I ordered mine on March 31st.

My ship date is April 24th as well, same as Keith, and my VIN is 3D4GH57V99T208XXX

Let's see if Keith watches mine drive down the Hwy 17, or vica-versa!!!!!!!!!! :banvictory:

It seems as though they are waiting for enough orders to justify a "train ride" to Canada!!

Rick.

:slapfight: hehehe mine is the 23rd so you 2 are already a dollar short and a day late :hysterical:

Rob-----> :hysterical3: :slapfight: <---------- Rick & Keith

Rob

Hey Angie, weird how the previous vehicles are similar!! I would guess that you are in Ontario? If so, I am 99% sure that the OPP have the right to ticket

Yes, I emailed an OPP friend of mine and his response was "the tint on a vehicle cand be as dark as you want as long as the people inside can bee seen from the outside. that is open for interpitation. the front window cant be touched." I think I'm good the way it is, I don't want to chance it.

Thanks,

Angie

I'll be doing a light tint oh and speaking of tint,.... you have to read this....true story

off topic but kinda still

I have 2 white 3rd generation caravans one is the grand caravan and the other is the short wheelbase model. The wife drives the Grand Caravan and when it is all cleaned up it looks very well and I also added a tinted lic plate cover, it looked sooooooooooo good and matched the rear tinted factory windows. Well it is dusk and the wife is coming home from shpping and driving and parks the van out front but there is an RCMP car parked at the neighbors house. So, the wife parrallel parks in front of him. Wife comes in the door and says the RCMP want to talk to me. I'm was like WTF? Turns out the officer tells me to :angry: remove the plate cover NOW!!!! I said Oh, sorry, is there a problem sir ( yup, right here is where I am kissing his arse, as I do not need him to be trigger happy at this moment, he is going through dounut withdrawl). His reply was :angry: :talkhand: yes, if you do not remove the cover now, I will write you a citation, remove the cover. No problem sir, I'll do it right now.

Now remember my baby/truck, the side windows are.............. tinted

So off to the garage I go only to realize, the tools that are needed are in the back of the truck, very quickly (wife is yelling ROB, HE'S WAITING :rant2: )I grab the tools and head out front to remove the cover. I take the cover off and the officer says :talkhand: I'll take that,.... there was a pause on my part and I was thinking, LIKE F'IN HELL YOU ARE TAKING IT, YOU'LL JUST USE IT ON YOUR OWN POS!!!!! So I told him I would throw it out. The officer says :talkhand: do it now and I started to walk toward the garbage can :banghead: ,........yup, stupid me ,..... in the back,.... where the truck is ,.... with an RCMP officer right behind me :banghead: , oh boy hope he doesn't see the truck!!!!!!!!!!

take it to the garbage and throw it out, he then says to me, :talkhand: break it. So I broke it and proceeded to distract him from looking at the truck and he leaves :whew: . Back to Canadian Tire I went and got another one 3 days later

he was a bad man and he scared me

lesson learned,.... don't let the wife drive :hysterical:

hope you all had a laugh cause at the time I was ready to change my shorts.

Well went to the dealer today after work and no change firm ship date April 23 may be a typo and supposed to be shipped April 24th :rant2: and the wife calls me Mr. Impatient can't figure out why

tick tick tick tick tick

Rob

oh also, I was talking to the salesman taday and Yesterday Dodge sent him on a Journey/product training seminar. My Salesguy is a cop and is leaving the force and is selling cars. He said there were 4 other competitors there a Rogue????? Edge, Pilot and a Mazda something. He mentioned that the SXT FWD with the ESP did very well without the ESP he said the rear wanted to swing out from driving tight circles at a high rate of speed. He also stated the SXT AWD with the ESP was incedible he could not believe how well it did. He said as a comparison the SXT AWD without the ESP did better than the SXT FWD with the ESP Hope you follow that. But once he put the SXT AWD ESP on, he said it was THE BEST there. I was like oh that is great to hear ( salesman will always say theirs is the best) then he also mentioned that it was better than his unmarked cruiser and he is trained in pursuit driving. THEN I was like GIDDY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just thought I would pass that on to you fellow members

Rob

Hey Rob, that sounds real positive!!

As far as the competition, yes I compared all the vehicles you mentioned and more:

Pontaic Torrent.....Didn't even look at the vehicle......Salesman really scared me.

Mazda CX9 Didn't win the lottery!!

Nissan Rogue Also pricy

Ford Edge, and also the new Taurus X CUV, not available with 7 seats

Honda Pilot 5 seater

Toyota something, can't remember but only a 5 seater.

Therefore based on the 7 seat configuration we needed, and price we went to the Dodge dealership and here we are!!

Rick.

here is the yard where the Journey will arrive In Edmonton, my dealer ship is south east from there about 2 minutes

53.57485,-113.327837 enter these coordinates in on Goggle maps and switch to satelite. Now does anyone (Canadian) know how to track once it starts getting shipped by rail? I think maybe Union Pacific may be the railline?????

Rob

I work for CN & could not track the car # my RT was on and I think mine was offloaded in Detroit then trucked from there

If its going to Edmonton then it would have to be CP or CN once it comes into canada as I dont think shortlines are out there

Picked mine up yesterday

I work for CN & could not track the car # my RT was on and I think mine was offloaded in Detroit then trucked from there

If its going to Edmonton then it would have to be CP or CN once it comes into canada as I dont think shortlines are out there

Picked mine up yesterday

Thanks larryl for some info, also congrates on getting yours yesterday.

Went to my Dealer to see the salesmanager today and it was like he had no time for me and after waiting 45 minutes for him, I left Mr Hit-By-Thunder did not have a good day today and this just seems to be the icing on the cake. So I have no idea how the Journey is sitting right now. weather it is built/shipped, NOTHING!!!!!!!!! I stopped in Monday and he said to check back Wednesday, did that and the order was no change and to check back Friday did that after work and he would not even acknowledge me being there. So friggin frustated right now

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

well here is the Flippin update (Edmonton, Alberta , Canada)

Found out today :censored: new ship date is May 16th,... I wanted to say it soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad F@#* ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then I asked, how long then if it is being shipped May 16th he said about 3 weeks that puts me into F@#$IN JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

about ready to cancel the whole F#@$%IN DEAL, am I mad,..... you don't know mad

Nav System :rolleyes: :censored:

Rob

Rob, that really bites.... I don't think the Nav system caused the problems, I also have the fully loaded A/V system, and last week it was already in Louisiana, on it's way to Texas. My delivery date is still May 19th.

You might want to look at the history of the vehicle, I was able to see the progress from order to estimated delivery to the dealer right down to the time of day.

Another option would be to talk to Chrysler Canada and see if there is anything they can tell you. I understand that they are really giving the Journey a thorough once over so that they don't get a bad reputation, and maybe there was a problem with your order???

Either way, you must be frusterated....Hang in there buddy....

Rick.

well another update,

stopped by the dealer to ask why I have a new shipping date from April 23rd to may 16th? the salesman said he would check withe the sales manager. Well he comes back and gives me this info "its rolling" I ask him does that mean it's in transit? his reply was I think so.

I mention to him that I will be away on a jobsite next week for 4 days (Tuesday-Friday) as Monday in a longweekend for us in Canada. Said to him that I will be picking it up on a Saturday as I want to spend 3-4 hours making sure everything works before I sign anything.

My salesman said that if I am away he will call the wife to let her know if it is in and also he will try and keep the miles down on it :hysterical:

I said to him that I check the yard every morning on my way to work to see if it is in and he said that they keep special order vehicles in the back to help keep them from being damaged.

My gut feeling is that it will be here Friday (3 sleeps) as he mentioned to check with him Friday after I get off from work (he had a grin on hios face)

Rob

well well well,

stop by the dealership today and ask about the missing Journey? His reply

Still the same. :rant2: <---me

well then, what is the code/status the Journey is in?

he said it was in D1

D1........... :rant2:

D1 – gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned

Told him I am about to scrape the whole deal 2 months is long enough, I love the new Taurus X loaded up.

He was like "But Rob you are soooo close" felt like saying But you guys are sooooooooooooo FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am away next week (out of town for a display Kitchen in a Home Depot). When I get back Saturday the 24th of May it's either the car or the deal is off, DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the 9th week Today.

Rob

Rob

Rob,

That is absurd. It should have never taken this long. I still think it had to do with the NAV system.

I am wondering if all of the ones that are getting the NAV system are going to be built at the same time.

I am in D status but that was 2 days ago. It could be in D1 today. I hope that once it gets to D status that the plant understands that the cars are special orders and puts us to the front of the line.

I will be getting an update on status Monday. After that; sales rep will be off for a couple of days. I might actually call Chrysler back next Wed. to get the status code. I will keep everyone updated.

Seth

Rob,

That is absurd. It should have never taken this long. Seth

couldn't agree more Seth, hence the e-mail to the dealer,.........

First things First, we have nothing against you John, NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! But Shirley and I have decided after talking about the Journey. We will give it another week and if the car comes in, then great we will buy it. If after the 24th and the Journey is still not in, we will be seriously looking at something else. We need this vehicle and Shirley says enough is enough and after 9weeks (9th week started today) we will cancel the order. It is nothing against the dealership at all, it is just not being able to get us the car we want in a timely manner.

Like I mentioned John, you are a super guy and I think a great asset to the Sherwwod Park team but we do need this car.

John, let me know what you think and how we stand with the order "EXACTLY"

Robert & Shirley

Also contacted Chrysler Canada. shake it up a bit

Rob (tired of waiting)

I do not believe it has to do with the NAV option, I ordered on March 30th.

SXT AWD

Premium convenience group

Flex seating

Trailer prep

Convenience group 2

U Connect hands free

Rear video group

Entertainment group 2

AM/FM/6disk DVD/Map/Nav/Sat

Delivery date is May 19th in Ontario, Canada. It is currently in Toronto loaded on a truck.

That is about 7 weeks.

Rick.

I stubled on this, this is VERY interesting

went to the recall information to type in the VIN # 9T208467 which is the last 8 numbers of our VIN # and guess what happens,....

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/...%2Findex_en.jsp

now type in your VIN #

let me know the results pleas

Seems like 2 VIN# are like WTF

9T208466 SXT AWD

9T208467 Is Not A Valid VIN <------------ OURS

9T208468 Is Not A Valid VIN

9T208469 Good VIN R/T AWD

also interesting the first VIN I found was 9T138035 with a recall as well as 9T138050

"Drive Plate Bolts"

Rob

I stubled on this, this is VERY interesting

went to the recall information to type in the VIN # 9T208467 which is the last 8 numbers of our VIN # and guess what happens,....

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/...%2Findex_en.jsp

now type in your VIN #

let me know the results pleas

Seems like 2 VIN# are like WTF

9T208466 SXT AWD

9T208467 Is Not A Valid VIN <------------ OURS

9T208468 Is Not A Valid VIN

9T208469 Good VIN R/T AWD

also interesting the first VIN I found was 9T138035 with a recall as well as 9T138050

"Drive Plate Bolts"

Rob

Rob,

Did you have to put any money down or sign anything with your order? Reason I ask is because when we ordered ours we put $1000 down and the dealer said once the order went in the car was ours. We could not back out. I hope for your sake that my dealer was trying to scare me into not canceling my order.

Just prepare for a battle if the car doesn't get there by next Friday.

Seth

yes Seth, e put 1000 down. They needed to get another car in from another dealer. I think it was because we showed up in our 92 caravan, nothing new at all. Salesman said they wanted to be sure of the sale as they would have to give up a Journey in order to get another.

The swapping of Journey's didn't happen (other dealer would not release it). This was ligit cause the other dealer (Dealer #2 was trying to get the same Journey, not released) So we just left the $1000 in place and ordered the one we wanted. We went through the process of ordering and the VIN was assigned after about 3 weeks. We had a valid VIN, I even checked on the recall and it was there. But after all the BS, I just thought I would try it again,.... and it came up as the Invalid VIN.

Went to the Dealer Saturday Morning and the salesman came up to me right away and commented that he got my e-mail and was very concerned and caring too. Like I said he is a great salesman. I asked him how come our VIN is now "Invalid"? he had said that he is going to look into it When the salesmanager came in.

2 things came to mind,....

1) That is why I got a new shipping date of May 16th instead of April 23rd

2) that is why they said the begining of June I should have it.

They (the salesmanager) Know about this oops and that is why my VIN is still showing D1 it never did get shipped (IMHO)

either way if it gets really rough, we have a great media out here and has what is called a "The Troubleshooter" It is plastered all over TV advertising bad publicity. I really doubt it will get to this point but who knows.

Just got in the door from a weekend of traveling 1200km's and wished we had the Journey but oh well. No e-mail from the dealer at all. (they were open all day Saturday)

Rob

Ok off for a week now, see you around