Dodge Journey 2016- Fill up problems-HELP

Sunshine76

Hello,

I am also an owner of a Brand New 2016 Dodge Journey, which I was happy about, but now have a completely different outlook.

I am having problem filling up at the gas station pump. I have visited approximately 5 different gas station attempting to fill up my vehicle. Every time the gas pump clicks off, repeatedly. And the car is almost on E. . EVERYTIME. I have taken the car in 2 weeks in a row. And the dealership has found no problem.  Now my husband had the same problem on the fill up early on, when I would ask him to take it to the gas station and see if I'm doing something wrong (even though I've owned cars since I was 16 :-), STILL the same problem.

The last visit time, my husband drove to a gas station, with the dealership mechanic,  and the car filled up fine, at a certain gas station, on a certain pump.  So, ok I'm crazy, right!? So Yesterday, I go back to that same gas station to a different pump, thinking okay, this is a good gas station to fill up at. Mind you, I honestly don't think I should have to ONLY fill up at a certain gas station. What if THAT particular gas station is no where to be found? It does it AGAIN. Keeps clicking off. I even recorded my husband having the problem with the first pump. So, I move the exact same pump my husband used earlier with the dealership mechanic, works fine. I included the video of my husband making his attempt after I tried at the first pump.

Also, on my last visit, I found out a memo went out about this exact same problem, in April 2016, and they failed to mention it. I had the mechanic print it for me.  Shouldn't they have the disclosed this issue to me BEFORE purchase?

Does this fall under the Lemon Law? Because honestly, I'd rather return the car than have this same problem for the next 10-12 years.

I have to know, should this even be a problem, for any new car owner? AND, why should I have to hunt down a specific gas station to fill my gas tank? To me, that's madness.

AND, if there is a definite permanent fix, can someone please let me know? And how do I get the mechanics to dig deeper into the issue?

I was really in love with this car, before this problem came up.

Terence Fill up.mp4

Edited by Sunshine76

yes most of the time i dont try to use the auto fill lever on the pump, i squeeze the trigger myself and when  it clicks off and i  still want to put in more i pull the pump nozzle out a little bit and lift the back side of the pump handle up so it shoots the gas in at a more down fashion i can usually get in another half gallon or so in. there has been a lot of discussion about this on this forum,i dont think it would not qualify for the lemon law.   lol  and to be fair ALL the different car manufactures have different problems and you would NEVER buy another vehicle if they listed all the problems big or small that they have with the car they are trying to sell to you.

Edited by 2late4u