Weird problem with rear lights ?

We now have a problem with rear lights and camera on DJ 2010 DCT

All started with register plate lights not working and ~at the same time the camera stopped working.

Changed the registerplate wires and pulps, got those working but the camera still dont. Then the reversing light (on right) stopped working, but at the same time the register plate lights stopped working - very much weird is that the rear light on right seems to work when the lights inside are on ?

So I may have a problem with wires (short circuit?), pulps ? or shall I remove the minus cable from the battery to see if it clears the problem or what ?

Will have a beer anyway :)

1st report - the beer helped :)

I took the minus cable off/on and started the engine - tested the camera - it worked,,, for 5s and it was blank again.

Also now the left rear lights are not working - so the very weird is back again - anyone seen anything like this ?

Will take 10 beer next..

7 hours ago, Ilpo said:

Should there be an article about the topic in this forum or any suggestions on how to start hunting the wire problem from tail gate ?

Yes. There are a couple of threads. Not sure the exact location. This new forum format is not very user friendly. You can try to use the search function. 

• 5 months later...