Okay, so I have 3 problems with my Journey. First, When we bought it from the dealer it had a cheap Kenwood radio in it. It is equipped with a backup camera, has the flip down rear dvd screen, and a factory screen mounted atop the center of the dashboard. None of which work. I am assuming all these features work through the factory radio, which is no longer installed. I have searched and searched. I cannot figure out which factory radio I need, even when searching by VIN. Second, Within a month of purchasing the vehicle, the transfer-case (or PTU/PTO) unit started leaking from the seal where the passenger side CV axle goes in. From what I've read, these units are filled with hypoid gear oil. However, the fluid leaking out is ATF. It is my theory that the seal between the transmission and transfer case unit is bad and the transmission is feeding the unit with ATF, which is then leaking out. This is sort of a good thing, because although it is leaking profusely, the unit is not running dry. It has leaked enough fluid to drain it completely several times over. After searching relentlessly, I cannot find this oil seal anywhere. Third, the check engine light had recently come on. One code is P0793. Points to an intermediate shaft speed sensor. Second code says 2nd gear ratio incorrect, which I assume is triggered by the first code. If the sensor cannot read the shaft rotaation, it cannot calculate the gear ratio. I have found several speed sensors, but nothing that specifically states it is the intermediate shaft sensor. Any help anyone could provide is greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Edited by jkeaton
Wacked out forum

I think you need the Mygig RBZ if i am right! Correct me if im mistaken! My old journey 2010 used to have the Mygig RBZ!, or, you can buy the Mygig RER (comes with navigation) RBZ is the touchscreen with sirius XM (if eqquiped). You can buy it online, (ebay, http://www.oemautopartsco.com)... PS: ebay is cheaper!, and  it will be a simple PLUG&PLAY instal! Takes minutes.

Edited by mfeel

3 hours ago, 2late4u said:

what is up with all these post with missing sentences? is it the posters or the site.. bet its the new format messing up

3 hours ago, FamilyManJSL said:

I think there must be a character limit or something

That's what the error message says.  The board software probably limits the length of new members' posts the first few times - something to comment on in the appropriate section of the board - which I think I will do next . . . . .

And, unfortunately there is no way to delete a post, though you can edit them down - maybe you can add in the missing text in the opening one now that the limit seems to have been lifted?

Edited by bramfrank

I was going to mention oemautopartsco.com.  They sell on ebay, and off of their website.  They are very knowledgeable and can answer all of your questions.  I had the RBZ MyGig in my Nitro and it is the non-nav version.  I believe that the screen at the top of your dash is for a back up camera and would run off of the MyGig, along with the rear VES.  There is an 800 number on their website so you can call and let them know  what you have and what you need.  I have purchased 3 radios from them.  They are either dealer take outs or from total loss vehicles.  Some NOS.  They bench test every radio, and will replace the screen if there are any scratches.  All of their radios are loaded with the most up to date software.

I was looking into the possibility of converting my DJ from FWD to AWD.  Cheaper than purchasing a new vehicle (at least $5,000 in parts alone, but I haven't found out if it can be done because of the electronics)  Two transmissions are listed for each engine:  FWD and AWD.  I'm guessing that the clutch pack/PTO for the rear drive shaft must be part of the AWD transmission, and that is why you are seeing ATF leaking from it.  I would also check the transmission fluid level.

Edited by dhh3

The transmission in my Journey is the 62te (6 speed) Automatic w/manual shift mode. I have checked the transmission fluid and it is slowly dropping. Can anyone tell me if it is designed to share fluid with the T-case?

Thanks for the reference, dhh3! I will look into it

Mine is also a 6-speed with slap-shift.  The difference has to be the clutch plate/PTO.  I was hoping that there would just be a plate that could be removed and the clutch pack/PTO bolted in place.  But there are two transmissions listed for each engine.  It may be the final drive ratio to match the rear differential.