DJ towing hitch

redtomatoman

I'm thinking about installing a towing hitch.  I know very little about towing.  My R/T does not have the towing package.  I would like it to be fairly hidden as I don't like the look of some hitches that are very visible.  Any suggestions for a hitch that is more subtle and hidden?  Any pics would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Peace.

I have the Mopar hitch as does Journeyman425.  Mine is identical to his, and he has a picture of his on the forum.  All of the DJs that I have seen with a hitch look like mine; the hitch bars are very visible.  I think that they are designed this way because of the position of the spare tire.  A little more room may have allowed for a "Hidden Hitch" where only the receiver is visible.

The Trailer Tow Group only adds the engine oil cooler and a harness thrown into the back of the car.  Look under your car and see if you have a harness with a bluish end, terminating between the back of the spare tire and the valence panel.  The harness that the factory throws into the back of the car plugs into this bluish plug.  For some reason my 3.6 came with the engine oil cooler and the harness which terminates behind the spare tire.  I did not have the other harness with all of the relays hooked to it thrown into the back of the car.  So, my window sticker did not show Trailer Tow Group.  I found the harness and hitch on ebay, so now I basically have the Factory Trailer Tow Group.  Journeyman425 added the TTG Sales Code for me.  All my Dealer had to do was to install the harness with all the relays, the hitch, and active the Sales Code.

• 3 weeks later...

The placement of the spare tire makes it impossible to hide the hitch. I have the Curt class 3 hitch and when I see one without it it looks wrong to me. From opening the box to putting my tools away was about 20 minutes. It really is not obtrusive and looks nice. If you are really concerned about it showing, take the sticker off when you put it on.