Coolant leaking

kikiplus3

I have been having issues with my 09 Journey sxt 3.5L V6... It was overheating at one time seemed to have that under control NOW the coolant is leaving the resovoir but not leaking on the ground

CHANGED: Thermostat a few times, , radiator, water pump, (might as well have ) timing belt,  radiator cap.... the coolant seems to leave when the ac is has been used but every day the coolant has to be checked to make sure there is some in there.. Also its making a noise that's having me scratch my head cause she use to be on silent mode.... The noise almost sounds like a rattling coming from the passenger side. Any thought or suggestions? thanks 

Since you are adding coolant to the overflow tank, and it is not returning as it should; and, you mentioned overheating, you may have blown a head gasket.  The coolant will be burned in the combustion chamber, and go out the exhaust pipe.  If this is what is happening, you will never see a leak.  I'd get a compression check on both cylinder heads.  You have 24 valves, but only SOHC.  Odd duck as most multi-valve engines are DOHC.  Depending on how bad the gasket is blown, you may notice a decrease in power.  Using the AC will make the engine work harder; therefore, more coolant will be lost through the head gasket.  Depending on where it is blown, and on what side of the cylinder head, this problem could remain "as is" or slowly get worse.