19" rim difference

buckshot7526

Since the calipers on the pre-mid-2012 models were smaller, allowing the use of 16 inch rims, I suspect that if any combination would suffer interference, it would be if you tried to use the 2012 rims on a 2015 vehicle.

But even so, 2late4u's advice is correct.  To be 'more certain' (because the parts guy will not know for sure - all he can tell you is that the part numbers are different) you'll need to find the wheel specifications for both vehicles and compare them.  Or mount up a set of wheels from the same model/year you plan on using and see what happens.

I did get the 2015 crossroad rims and the tire shop said the caliper on the front would not let the rim sit properly. I did so much research and it does not make sense on what the tire shop said. The OEM 2012 19" rims have the exact measurement as the OEM ones I just bought. Long story short the dealer said the new rims will work so I will have them do the work. I'm hoping this works if not the seller will give me a full refund if it doesn't work.

34 minutes ago, buckshot7526 said:

I did get the 2015 crossroad rims and the tire shop said the caliper on the front would not let the rim sit properly. I did so much research and it does not make sense on what the tire shop said. The OEM 2012 19" rims have the exact measurement as the OEM ones I just bought. Long story short the dealer said the new rims will work so I will have them do the work. I'm hoping this works if not the seller will give me a full refund if it doesn't work.

Why wait for the dealer? Jack up the front and swap one wheel for the new one to see if there's any interference.  That way you won't have to drive to the dealer and spend money with him if it doesn't.

FYI  If you compare the Crossroad Hyperblack Rims with all the other 19" DJ Rims, there is a slightly deeper dish.  This would push the tire out from the center of the rim.  This still does not explain the rubbing on the caliper, unless the Crossroad gets a different set of front calipers, which would seem unlikely to me.  Do you have the big or small calipers?  I do not know what year that the DJ went to the bigger calipers.  Are the 2012 rims you have still offered on the new DJs or were they replaced with something else?

I do have the larger calipers on the front and small calipers on the rear. I do see the same rims I have are still being used on newer models, I think the deeper dish on the crossroad rim is the problem. I will see the dealer tuesday and l'm hoping they can give me an answer and solution. I will let you know what I find out.

The dealership could not get the rims to mount on the front they did rub on the calipers. They had no clue why they rub but they checked the part numbers and found out the crossroad front calipers have a different part number. I will keep doing my research on this maybe find a crossroad and do my own measurements.

Edited by buckshot7526

Learned something new.  The Crossroads have their own specific front calipers.  I'd be curious to see what the difference is.

Another oddball:  the Mopar hitch is listed as not fitting the Crossroad.  Dealer installed it:  no issues.

Edited by dhh3

10 minutes ago, dhh3 said:

Learned something new.  The Crossroads have their own specific front calipers.  I'd be curious to see what the difference is.

I did some research today and found something very interesting. According to the mopar part site the front caliper part number's changed after 2012, so now I'm wondering what difference did they make on the calipers that were made 2013-2015.

Yes, calipers changed about 2/3 of the way through the 2012 model year - the calipers and discs were made larger because of complaints about premature wear and warping on the earlier Journeys. The new calipers precluded the use of 16" wheels, which had previously been supplied on the base model vehicles.

As to the Crossroad having it's own unique caliper?  I don't know and can't comment, though it could be as simple as them being painted a different color.

13 minutes ago, bramfrank said:

Yes, calipers changed about 2/3 of the way through the 2012 model year - the calipers and discs were made larger because of complaints about premature wear and warping on the earlier Journeys. The new calipers precluded the use of 16" wheels, which had previously been supplied on the base model vehicles.

As to the Crossroad having it's own unique caliper?  I don't know and can't comment, though it could be as simple as them being painted a different color.

I did see that the calipers changed in 2012 and my journey has the larger calipers since it was made in November 2011. As for the calipers being painted that has nothing to do with the rims rubbing on the caliper. I took off enough paint to see if that could be the issue and it was not it, what sucks now is I have to touch up the paint on my caliper.

I purchased a set of red caliper covers that were listed to fit my 2014 Crossroad.  Neither the fronts or backs would fit.  My tire shop played around with them for about two hours and nothing worked.  All 4 continued to rub.  My tire shop mgr seemed ticked off, but he didn't charge me anything.  I bought them on eBay and the seller suggested that I purchase a set of wheel spacers.  All the spacers I could find had numerous oval holes on them, which indicates that they would fit multiple wheel lug dimensions.  I could not find a set with five round holes that would fit the DJ.  I sent the caliper covers back, and my money was refunded.  Something seems odd/different with the Crossroad Calipers.

Now they are offered in yellow.  Would really like to have these!

Edited by dhh3

I installed a set of 1.5inch wheel spacers not that long ago. Of course you would want the hub centric.  These fit over the hub and lug bolts directly and it's a nice firm hold. No play . Only issue I had was where the battery is I had to push in the battery holder and heat up the fender liner and push it in so the tire didn't rub .  You can see it's not a huge difference but handling has improved noticeably.  Bought these spacers at pro wheel adapters.  Ask for Chris . Only thing is my Oem lug nuts did not have the same thread as the new ones on the spacers. Used the Oem to hold the spacers and the new nuts supplied with the spacers for my wheels. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg