haters gunna hate

well guys, since i decided to keep my 19 inch blacktop rims instead of buying new rims with an offset to give me the wide stance i decided to go with a set of 1.5 inch wheel spacers, they should be in next week, they are hub centric, my wheels shouldnt stick out to far but just enough to see some treads, probably wont notice much for handling wise  although knowing itll help with going around corners a little better i got them mostly just for the look and when i buy new tires i wont have the issue of the 255 tire being so close to that plate where the spring is, not sure whats its called but its been mentioned buy a few guys on here of how close it is to that thingy haha   i bought them off truebilletwheeladapters.com   after converting it to canadian it was around 300 inclunding shipping  i talked with them over facebook and they didnt know im from canada and they said i was getting free shipping  but when i called to order they dont free ship to canada so buddy asked if i wanted to split the shipping cost with him  i figured why not it was a nice gesture    any ways haters gunna hate but i think its gunna look dope, i asked about wheel bearings and if i should expect issues from having these on and he said there should be no issues further down the road   ill be sure to post pictures once installed! 

I was going to mention wheel bearings, but you are on it!  In the past I've used spacers on three different vehicles.  If you follow these steps, you will have NO issues with the spacers.  Use red LocTite on the nuts that go on your hubs.  Torque them as you would if it were a wheel you are mounting.  Drive 100 miles.  Remove wheels, and retorque all the spacers.  If one nut is loose, remove the spacer, and start all over again with the red LocTite.

I do like the red pinstripes on your hood-to-fender stripes!

Thanks for the tip.  To be honest I'm nervous a little bit but I'm willing to try them out.   And the stripes I got bored of them being red so I just dipped them with black and added the pin stripe on the sides. Eventually just peel it off and go back to red lol.  also I want to colour match the rims to my journey. Already got lots of rocks chips and they are pitted like crazy. Atleast the grey would hide it a little better

3 hours ago, jkeaton said:

Pics please! Personally had a bad experience with spacers. Broke wheel studs. I won't use them again. No hating here. Car looks good. 

Were your"s hub centric?  If not, the spacer can actually rotate around the hub and break a stud.  Cody bought hub centric, so he should be fine IMHO.

Edited by dhh3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
On 8/18/2016 at 4:58 AM, Cody Chornobey Powley said:

So I have them on now.  Handling has improved maybe not by much but there's a difference. Even going over train tracks I notice the journey is smooth.  It doesn't stick out a heck of a lot which is good. In my opinion I think it's perfect

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Cody, out of curiosity, did the spacers help with the spring plates you mentioned earlier in your post? I was looking at bigger tires but heard of issues with that plate thing, and wanted to see if this helped...I may consider adding them on. Also, how are the spacers going so far?

• 3 years later...

Nice look man. This was what i was wanting to do as i got torn from 17/18 inch wheels and my stock 19s like yours. I was wanting to use a 255 50/r19 AT on mine but scared it will rub on the inner plate where the spring is as you mentioned lol. Seen some post in the forums that 255 50 19s work without rubbing but would this spacers help me out more gain a bit of clearance? Like how thick of a spacer do i need?

Edited by Neo

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...