Key fob dropped in salt water

Went swimming (ocean not pool) key fob dropped in salt water. Dried it in sun, worked to open doors & started Journey no problems. Later after starting the journey a few times going from place to place the vehicle lost all power while driving around town. No warnings or sounds etc, engine lost all power, instrument cluster went black, no power steering/brakes..was able to pull off the best I could. Vehicle started right up on first attempt right after.

Took fob apart & no water although the actual key that pulls out of the fob was a little damp.

May be a dumb question but would this cause the journey to completely shut down while driving? Has 33,000 miles on it & well maintained, never happened before.

I doubt that it's related. You can leave your vehicle with the fob and the Journey will continue to run as long as as no one shuts it off. There have been owners who have complained about losing power while driving. Are you the original owner?

evening rolly, no we bought it last October and purchased the gold plus warranty from the local dodge dealer. I do have the print outs from the dealer showing all work done on it from the previous owner, the older lady that was the original owner was local & rarely drove it in winter according to the service records but she did have it rust checked so the body & underside are very clean.