Want to upgrade my 2016 DJ radio please help

I really just wanted the bells and whistles to be honest. The guy made a mistake that I didn't catch until too late so I ended up with the wrong vehicle. Fml. All my fault. Just feeling lost trying to figure it out. I have someone who's car savy just need to give him all the info and I'm only finding videos on other models with different trims.

Not sure what happened here.  Got the wrong car?  IDK.  It doesn't matter if I understand.  Honestly, if you really want a different model and you just got the car, why not just trade it in for the model you want?  I know that's not cost effective, but all the $$, aggravation, and effort to upgrade would suck.  I think in your case a trade may make sense if every day you'll lament driving the one you got.  I love my 3.6 8.4 R/T.  Welcome to the forum.

Peace.

Edited by redtomatoman

Welcome to the forum.  The problem with the base radio is that it also controls functions that are not radio related.  There is a company that makes an replacement for these non radio functions, which will allow you to install an after market radio.  There is a thread on it in the audio section of the forum.  You will want to replace the crap paper speakers first.  This will improve the sound 100%.  Go to Best Buy and sample the speakers on the "sound wall".  I went with Alpine because they produced the best bass.  All of the speakers in the doors are 6x9.  You can change the dash speakers too.  I chose Alpine tweeters with a built in x-over.  I have a bunch of threads in the audio section pertaining to what I did to get the sound that I wanted.  Good luck.

I purchased my 2014 new in June of 2014.  I have the 8.4 screen.  If I could cut a square hole in the screen and slide in a 30GiG MyGig I would be the happiest camper alive!

If I may say so, you are beautiful! :)

Edited by dhh3

Wow this is awesome info! Thank you so much! I'm totally down for this!!!! Can't wait to show this to my uncle! I tried so hard to get a different model. I had been in a car accident and was in the hospital and gave my mother my money and info to get this car. Did everything via fax and phone just to get out three weeks after the car was mine and realize it wasn't the one I wanted :-( You are awesome! I'm so excited! I'm willing to pay up to $3000. I love the car for my kids I just need some bells and whistles for $27,000 you know? Lol

Metra.  That is the name I forgot.  You are well on your way.  Crutchfield would be of great help to you.  Tell them what you have and what you want to do and they take care of the rest!