Data logging and tuning

Im looking to tune my 2014 dodge journey 3.6L AWD SXT. Does anyone have any opinions on where to go? I have been in talks with a company called getoverkilled.com They have video and data backing them up on chrysler vehicles and even on the Journey. I have done a Ported lower intake manifold, I have ported my heads installed throttle body spacer and ported throttle body plus Cold air intake. Now i just need a tune. The company im talking to claims with what i have done I could see a 0-60 of under 6secs. Hp would increase to 345 and torque would be 320. The tune would be a 93 octane tune. They also offer 3 settings. Sport Eco and Stock

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Just my .2 cents,

When it comes to power mods, be careful and remember the engine is just an air pump, the more air you can get through it the more power it will make. I say this because, there are many components that are in between the air filter and the tail pipe. If you start throwing parts at it the outcome can be less power and worse gas mileage. Unless you plan to get into the motor, your best bet is to find out what C.F.M. the stock unit should flow. This number should be higher than what the numbers are now with all the emissions and factory size ports and exhaust dimensions.

Then again it is "your" money, so do as you will. Just remember not all speed shops have your best interests in mind or will they be well versed in your particular motor. There is also the O.B.D. (Onboard Diagnostic System) to contend with, sure you can easily put a load resister in line with your intake air temp as well as coolant temp sensors and trick the computer into going closed loop and ramping up the mixture, but this will have an affect on the initial factory program. You can get performance computers that are easy to connect and will allow you to change various settings, and they will run you $300-$500. That would be my first choice, as you can reset it all back to stock with no harm done. Once you start opening ports, grinding this and that changing exhaust sizes, intakes, cold air/hot air induction you are going to be past the point of no easy return. 

I guess the main point is to know what the stock engine is capable of and decide what you want it to do. Then build from there, throwing parts at it will add up fast, with negligible gains. It is after all, a "Family Truckster" of sorts, not a "Barracuda"... Having dumped money into many bikes, cars and trucks I wish I knew then, what I know now.

Good Luck, and keep us in the loop.