Dont like your Dodge journey? crush it with a tank

silenze

Seems to have been some sponsorship for the event - they probably received more compensation for the publicity than the vehicle could have been sold for.

Based on the little that was disclosed, I suspect that beyond some bad engine mounts and a non-functioning DVD player, they probably ignored an overheat situation that may have been triggered by a leaking coolant tank which in turn cracked the engine block (coolant leaking to the oil) which would not be an FCA issue in a 5 year old vehicle. They also complained about battery rundown issues and windows that would roll themselves down (that's one I've never heard before).

While FCA can be 'difficult', we all know that customers can also be their own worst enemies.

I had to sue FCA, along with the dealer and my aftermarket warranty company - the reason, in fact why I always tell people to buy OEM warranties - to eliminate the finger pointing that takes place when there's a claim). My Y2K LHS suffered a cracked block caused by a bad replacement water pump that they refused to deal with . . . . and the dealer kept telling me just to keep driving and that 'everything was fine' (thankfully caught on tape).

But while dealers can be incompetent, I will presume that what went wrong with their vehicle may not have been covered by warranty and that, as claimed by FCA they had the vehicle serviced at non-FCA garages.

The truth in this case likely lies somewhere between the parties' stories.

I would have loved it if shortly after they crushed the vehicle that FCA made a TV news announcement explaining about this couples problems and how they would like to make things right by having them drive their DJ to one of their dealerships where they will fix all of their issues free of charge!!

sponserd and I bet he got paid for the car ... come renting a old tank cost a bit of money and the comerical's leading up to the event made me turn it off shortly after it started playing .

and it's not always the cars fault . I know a couple of people who are hard on cars , and always complain that they have yet another lemon ...

Edited by Dusty256