DJ comparison

redtomatoman

Have a 2016 Nissan Altima rental this week. Not nearly as nice to drive as my 2011 DJ.

Likes: Engine has plenty of power, transmission shifts super smooth, base comes with backup cam,great fuel efficiency.

Dislikes: Steering wheel is too small, interior controls are wonky, seats are a strange material, no lumbar adjustment, backup cam screen is small.

Overall the Altima is not as fun to drive as my DJ. Lots of interior noise and twitchy steering. Small steering wheel makes that worse. Engine and transmission seem good but I'm afraid to use all of the power. Maybe that would get better with time. I miss the cargo space of my DJ this week.

Anyway, good car, but I prefer my 5 year old DJ overall.

Peace.

Have a 2016 Nissan Altima rental this week. Not nearly as nice to drive as my 2011 DJ.

Likes: Engine has plenty of power, transmission shifts super smooth, base comes with backup cam,great fuel efficiency.

Dislikes: Steering wheel is too small, interior controls are wonky, seats are a strange material, no lumbar adjustment, backup cam screen is small.

Overall the Altima is not as fun to drive as my DJ. Lots of interior noise and twitchy steering. Small steering wheel makes that worse. Engine and transmission seem good but I'm afraid to use all of the power. Maybe that would get better with time. I miss the cargo space of my DJ this week.

Anyway, good car, but I prefer my 5 year old DJ overall.

Peace.

I had an Altima 2 years ago and and a Camry last year as my Florida rentals and I wasn't impressed with either but did like the Altima over the Camry....this year I'm driving my DJ down to Florida so I expect it to be an enjoyable drive. :)

dhh3, on 28 Jun 2016 - 07:41 AM, said:dhh3, on 28 Jun 2016 - 07:41 AM, said:

Most of the Nissans use a continuously variable transmission with two huge rubber bands instead of gears. I would never own a vehicle with one of theses. I often considered the Pathfinder because it was a truck, but no more.

I had a Dodge Caliber rental once with the CVT. All the time I drove it I kept thinking the transmission was slipping. I don't think I could ever get used to that.... :yup:

Edited by jkeaton